New tires help me pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tires help me pick

Ok my GMC 2500 with 50k needs a new set of tires. I’m down to 2 choices I think.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Nitto EXO Grapplers

My trucks eats tires and people think my mud tires eat my MPG up. Currently running Nitto trail Grapplers. My buddy loves his ridge’s but the EXO are supposed to be heavy duty and they might hold up better. Need some advise.

I’m right there with you.... I need a new set of tires and have never bought truck tires before (only cars) so I’m clueless. You know as soon as I walk into the dealership or tire shop they are gonna try and sell me what they consider to be the “best” tire available. I’m def not looking forward to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure on your Niitos. We run Goodyear Duratrac on all ranch and personal trucks. I’ve tried most major brands and these have lasted the best. Great in the mud and fairly quiet on the highway.

Comment

Just got almost 50,000 on a set of Toyo Rt tires on a 2000 7.3 f350. Very impressive tires. Nitto AT got me like 30,000. About to try Toyo AT2 Extreme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by txmuleyman View Post
          Not sure on your Niitos. We run Goodyear Duratrac on all ranch and personal trucks. I’ve tried most major brands and these have lasted the best. Great in the mud and fairly quiet on the highway.
          Have a set on my 2016 Duramax going on 45,000 miles and still have at least 40% left

The only time the road noise is noticeable for me is between 31-34.. I know it sounds crazy but that's when I hear it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
            Just got almost 50,000 on a set of Toyo Rt tires on a 2000 7.3 f350. Very impressive tires. Nitto AT got me like 30,000. About to try Toyo AT2 Extreme.

How do they ride on your F350?

Comment

ridge grapplers. I am on my second set.

Comment

Originally posted by huntressjourney View Post
                How do they ride on your F350?

Best set of tires I’ve had so far. My truck is really heavy and I pull heavy trailers. I rotate them every oil change. I was super impressed. I never got more than 30-35 thousand with Nittos or coopers. Only going to the AT2 Extreme because I like the aggressiveness and they include a 50,000 mile warranty. I’m a general contractor and drive a lot. I need tires to last. I love muds tires but this truck eats them up fast.

Comment

its not one of your choices, but ive really enjoyed my cooper stt pros

Comment

I’ve ran many sets of Nittos. This last set of ridge grapplers haven’t lasted all that well on my ram 2500. I will be putting Goodyear duratracs on next week for a try.

Comment

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
                      its not one of your choices, but ive really enjoyed my cooper stt pros

What kinda mileage you get on those. They sure are sexy. Just afraid the diesel will mow em down quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                        What kinda mileage you get on those. They sure are sexy. Just afraid the diesel will mow em down quick.

I have mine on a 2011 f-250 and have 20k on them with right at 50% tread left. They have worn even with no issues. I had duratracs before and didn't have near as good luck with them.

Comment

I run terra grapplers. I love em

Comment

I've run Cooper AT3s on diesel trucks since I was in high school. Got 60K out of my last set on a '15 3/4 ton Duramax. Wont switch until I find something better than that.

Comment

Get some BFGs.

Comment

Working...
                              X