Army worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army worms

Do army worms eat clover? They took care of the wheat but seams to be leaving the clover alone.

I don’t know. They destroyed my bermuda in my backyard but left my zoysia in the front alone. Maybe they are picky?

Comment

My experience they will eat anything

Comment

They will eat anything but prefer the more tender plants. AKA oats, wheat, new growth bermuda grass and coastal, especially if it has been fertilized. Just my opinion. In enough numbers they will eat anything green. I've been fighting them for 45 to 50 years.

Comment

Are they gone after first frost like skeeters and other bugs?? Waiting to plant because our place is so bad right now

Comment

Frost usually takes them out. JMO. In Mills county we are between hatches. Lots of miller bugs and not many worms. They have about a 21 day cycle from worm to moths. Moths are white and about the size of your thumb nail. Should have worms again in about 7 days. This is all IMO. This is on my places in Mills county. Might be different where you are.
            Last edited by doghouse; 10-08-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              Frost usually takes them out. JMO. In Mills county we are between hatches. Lots of miller bugs and not many worms. They have about a 21 day cycle from worm to moths. Moths are white and about the size of your thumb nail. Should have worms again in about 7 days. This is all IMO. This is on my places in Mills county. Might be different where you are.
              My farmer said something similar. Small worms, to big worms, to larvae in ground, to the moth and back to square one all in 25-30 days. Lets hope cycle ends real soon

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                Mark we are planting this weekend. Hopefully we're gonna be ok. Still had them in our fields this weekend.

Comment

We are going to plant 10/20 and keep fingers crossed.

Comment

They hit the little yard at my camphouse like they did in 2011, but they didn't hit my wheat then and I hope not now. Too much sweat equity to let worms eat it.

Comment

Our rancher planted Friday before the rain started. Said there was and has been a lot of conversation about this very subject.

Comment

Sprayed a couple hundred acres today, they are bad right now

Comment

I hate them just when everything was starting to come in good.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            Sprayed a couple hundred acres today, they are bad right now
                            What did you spray on them

Comment

Mustang max

Comment

Working...
                              X