Who gave up their truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who gave up their truck?

Well after 250k loyal miles on my current truck, I might be looking into purchasing a new vehicle. Started looking into another truck but the prices are making me cringe.

Started thinking if I really NEED another truck and I can't come up with a legitimate reason other than, that's all I've ever driven and the convienence factor of throwing things in the bed. I don't haul a boat every other day anymore and I don't need to really go off road for anything. Only things I would ever really haul around is my kayak which I can get a trailer for or get a roof rack, and a four wheeler.

Kind of leaning towards a Subaru Crosstrek or something of the sort since it'll be primarily a commuter car and hunting/fishing on the weekends.

Anyone else done the same? Or am I crazy for considering getting away from a truck.

I switched from Tacoma to a 4Runner and like it my 4Runner can pull a trailer so if i need to haul i can

Comment

I've been out driving infinti, audi and merc small crossovers the last few days. Snapped out of it today Gonna get my truck raptor lined just to satisfy my urge for something new and then find a place to get it really dirty!

My wife has the crosstrek. Lost of add-ons you can get for it. Thankfully she's not taken in with the subaru cult flower child tree hugger thing.
      Last edited by TexaRican; 06-05-2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

You're crazy.

I bought a car in my early twenties with the same mindset you have. I almost made it 2 months in a car.

Comment

Sounds quite reasonable based on your current situation/description. The SUBARU is killing the cross-over market. I had zero idea that they were that popular....... and dang near race cars. The only thing i challenge is 250,000 miles. Are you having any issues? My Tundra 07' CrewMax has 405,000 miles and the engine, transmission or anything else major are all original. 250K it was just getting broken in right!!! Just got back from Toledo Bend driving 75 mph all the way!!! I do like the way you think but i love throwing dirty stuff in the bed a few times per year.

Comment

Crazy

Comment

Went from a Tundra to a Rav 4. It works for now, put on a hitch and have a basket. I do miss my truck though.

Comment

I vote...crazy!

Comment

But where would you put the dead deer or hogs or ice chest or lumber or steel or mulch or ATV or tools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crazy

I put this under the category of I rather have a truck and not need it then need a truck and not have one.

Comment

How much corn does one of those little tin can SUV’s hold? Sure would be hard to put my 12” Dewalt Compound miter saw with stand in one. It barely fits i the bed of my F150 with a tool box.

Comment

If they are loyal miles I wouldn't get rid of it. I'm sure its paid for... Wants Vs. Needs
                        I just rolled 215,000 on my 6.7 and she isn't going any where anytime soon. Gets me from point a to point b

Comment

Weeellllll the thing is it needs a new T transfer case. Which I'm assuming will set me back about 3 or 4k after it's all said and done.

I'm still on the fence as this has been the only major repair I've done on it since it was purchased brand new by my dad and I bought it from him back in 2009. Sure is nice not having a payment and I'm really not looking forward to that at all

Comment

About 3 years ago I gave mine up for a few months. I ended trying to shove bikes in the back of my Lexus SUV and ripped the headliner. After that I found a nice Weber Genesis on the side of the road. It wouldn't fit in the back. I bought a beater truck right after that. It is my daily driver. Nicer vehicle stays in the garage.

Comment

Nuts! I tried it once with a Ford Explorer out of college ....never ever again....ever!

Especially as a duck hunter like yourself, I wouldn't even consider it. It was a PITA even with the back hatch. Muddy wet waders, muddy wet decoy bags, muddy wet dogs, jackets etc etc etc!

Comment

Working...
                              X