Our refrigerator went out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our refrigerator went out.

My wife will be hitting Home Depot today for a new one. What brands does the Green Screen recommend? Looking for a side by side with water and ice dispenser. Appreciate all input, Matt

Choices are:

Frigidaire (most likely)
    GE
    LG (likely not)
    Whirlpool
    Samsung
    Maytag
    KitchenAid
    Haier

We went with the French door style. They have so much more usable room than a side by side.

Ours is a Samsung and we have no complaints.

We got our at bestbuy.

Our house came with a side by side that I now have in the garage and I do not care for it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cant help with selection, remind her to use her ID for the mil discount.

Comment

Just got one from home depot. Frigidaire side by side water dispenser ice maker. Was $899. They had to order it and delivered and installed. Works really good

Comment

I've got this one. If you have the room, its totally worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
            I've got this one. If you have the room, its totally worth it!

https://www.designerappliances.com/f...QaAsdZEALw_wcB
            Lol, not even close to my budget.

Comment

Maytag, had our side by side for almost 8 years now and never an issue. When it quits we will get another Maytag.

Comment

I'll never buy another GE

Comment

I have a Samsung and I personally will not buy another one. It is about 5 years old, I have replaced the fan in the fridge section, the freezer section defrost drain is apparently not working correctly as there is often water in our kitchen floor. The door trays are very brittle plastic and all of ours are cracked just from normal use.

Comment

Still got a Frigadare 21cf typical top freezer..with ice// its about 20y noprob other than replaced icemaker 1 time

Comment

They are all expensive and they are all junk.. Its a crap shoot.. They remind me of game cameras... Sorry wish I could be more help..

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        I'll never buy another GE
                        I agree, mine is 3yrs old and nothing but problems.

Comment

we have a Samsung and haven't had any issues out of it in 6 yrs, had a fridgidaire at my old place and had zero issues with it. Not real sure where you are located but if you have a Texas Appliance they have a "scratch and dent" section. Bought both from there, one had a small ding near the bottom where you never look and the other had a slightly sprung door- just had to actually push it closed instead of barely tapping it to close it. saved $3-400 on them if I remember correctly

Comment

All the brands have their good stories and all have their bad......just like vehicles. You just gotta hope you get a good one ...

Have had a Whirlpool side by side with water and ice for 12 years and still going strong. I love the organization capabilities of the side by side. Have a chest deep freeze outside for bulk storage and it is a PITA to go through. Should have paid a little more money and bought an upright freezer. But I do like that I can set stuff on it if needed lol..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              They are all expensive and they are all junk.. Its a crap shoot.. They remind me of game cameras... Sorry wish I could be more help..
                              Very true.

Just buy a name brand and pray you get more than 5 years out of it.

I bought a GE with the French doors and freezer on the bottom. It was on sale for a good price. I was looking at both GE and Samsung and the price was the only reason I ended up with GE. I'm not partial to any particular brand as I've had more than one brand go out on me.

Went to both Best Buy and Home Depot. Ended up buying from Home Depot. Couldn't even get a sales person to assist me in Best Buy. At Home Depot, someone greeting me as soon as I walked into the appliance area. Price was the same at both stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X