Where to go for a Texas Beach Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
    Heard the Texas spring break towns had been warned about fecal matter in the waters.... Id check before I went
    The fish gotta go somewhere dawg

Comment

Gulf Shores, Alabama for sure. 8 hour drive, white sands and crystal clear water with tons of stuff to do. Pensacola is right down the highway if you need more things to do.

Comment

8 hours to padre vs 10 to alabama or 12 to seaside...

GO EAST

Comment

Originally posted by jwood02 View Post
          Gulf Shores, Alabama for sure. 8 hour drive, white sands and crystal clear water with tons of stuff to do. Pensacola is right down the highway if you need more things to do.

Yep we went to Orange Beach last summer and will just make the drive from now on. Totally worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jwood02 View Post
            Well worth the drive. I love Gulf Shores...my wife would move there in a heartbeat. If we take a week off, and a beach is involved, that's the destination

Comment

If all you want is a beach with saltwater and lots of attractions I would suggest Galveston. There is a ton to do in and around Gtown. If you looking for really nice beaches than south Padre would be my choice.

Comment

Crystal Beach is beautiful this week

Comment

If you do decide to head East, we have a couple of condos in the Phoenix V building. PM me if you want info on our three bedroom units.

In the past six months or so they just opened a new amusement park called OWA.
                  OWA Parks & Resort is a 520-acre family fun destination on the Gulf Coast in Foley, AL with theme park, unique dining and live entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    South Padre
                    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ we have been to all the Texas beaches. Galveston is by far the worst of them. Just dirty, imo. CC is ok. SPI is by far the best one. Clean water etc.

Comment

Nice beaches and Texas don’t go together... gotta atleast get to alabama.

Comment

Get to the other side of the Mississippi River for good beaches. When the silt comes out of the mouth of the Mississippi the current drags it west. That is why every thing east of the Mississippi is good clean water

Comment

I recommend Galveston!

Go down to Galveston, get on a cruise ship, and go somewhere nicer.

Comment

Ft. Walton beach, FL. The drive is not that bad and the beaches are great.

-john

Comment

South padre is the best beach in Texas, but you don't wanna go for a family friendly vacation right now.

Comment

As far as beach appeal, I would choose South Padre. They have Schliterbauns and great fishing and all the small shops Port A had.The beaches are far more cleaner than hear in Corpus. But Port A is starting to get back on its feet and I'm sure they will appreciate the business

Comment

Working...
                                X