No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate when that happens. Getting busted sucks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like you guys are having a good time out there. I miss going out there once or twice a year since my grandparents passed, they lived at Ducote Airpark for 30+ years. I would slip down the road and set on a trail once or twice nearly every Thanksgiving weekend, and managed to maintain about a 50% success rate with shotgun. When did they start allowing slugs, I seem to recall it being no slugs, buckshot only.
      Did a few archery hunts out there as well with a friend, before he moved to California. I guess reading this thread, with Thanksgiving coming up, has got me a little nostalgic and missing the times we had down there with G&G. Hope everyone there has a safe and productive season.

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
        Sounds like you guys are having a good time out there. I miss going out there once or twice a year since my grandparents passed, they lived at Ducote Airpark for 30+ years. I would slip down the road and set on a trail once or twice nearly every Thanksgiving weekend, and managed to maintain about a 50% success rate with shotgun. When did they start allowing slugs, I seem to recall it being no slugs, buckshot only.
        Did a few archery hunts out there as well with a friend, before he moved to California. I guess reading this thread, with Thanksgiving coming up, has got me a little nostalgic and missing the times we had down there with G&G. Hope everyone there has a safe and productive season.

Last year was the first yr for slugs. The state took over and now have more rules and a limit of one buck one doe and have to wear orange. They opened up 2 new bow only areas though

Comment

Originally posted by JRGRANADO View Post
          Last year was the first yr for slugs. The state took over and now have more rules and a limit of one buck one doe and have to wear orange. They opened up 2 new bow only areas though

Thanks for the clarification, I'm going to look into the new rules and such, may have to make a trip down there for old times sake.

Comment

On Saturday 2 big ones were running together. Not sure if they have broken out of their bachelor groups yet since I don't have a camera out

When son checked cameras yesterday the bucks were still in groups

Comment

Mjjust were pics of bachelor bucks during daylight. All the pics I had were night time pics. But then again I haven’t been out there in 3 weeks to checktrail cams.

Comment

Anyone have any info on unit 8,9 and 1. Just curious to find out if they are crowded? And don’t want to walk up on anyone’s set up.
                I have hunted TBR a few years back and had good luck. I’m back to hunting public land for awhile. Was out by unit 9 yesterday and there was one guy there walking around.
                I live in Angelo in the Santa Rita area. I will be in a 2017 Chevy 2500 with Pennsylvania plates ( and no I’m not from there. Lol work truck)

Comment

9 is super crowded but I saw deer. Hunted area 1 2 years ago and got a doe. Think it's crowded by the island

Comment

9 is super crowded but I saw deer. Hunted area 1 2 years ago and got a doe. Think it's crowded by the island

Thank you sir.

Comment

Area 9 is crowded and area 8 seems to be dead this year. Haven't had much movement in area 8. There's also some low life POS huntin in 8. He's been huntin my setup which I don't like but can't do anything about it but they stole my camera too that ticks me off more than anything

Comment

Yea that’s BS. I drove by 8 the other day and there were 2 trucks parked there. I’m just trying to find somewhere out of the way to hunt religiously and don’t want to set up on top of someone. Wasn’t going to hunt this year because our lease sold. but I started getting the bug. Lol

Comment

Any luck?

Anyone have any luck this morning? I didn't make it out, but it's pretty warm, so I'm curious what the deer movement was like!

Comment

I saw a lot of deer on these backroads. I saw a huge buck by 411

Comment

Last week when I was out there I saw a bunch of doe and a few bucks in area 5. Nothing big but decent size. I just couldn't get a clean shot on any of them. I'm not sure how it is now with the guns kickin off but if anyone is looking for a decent area, it is worth a look. O yea, I saw a ton of Javi tracks but never got a glimpse of one.

Comment

Unit 4 has a large hunting area. Seen plenty of deer by the river. Plenty of room there to set up shop and stick something[emoji1018]

Comment

Working...
                                X