Accurate semi-auto 22lr recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accurate semi-auto 22lr recommendation

Hey all, I've been shooting suppressed subsonic 22lr out to 130yds, and I'm interested in squeezing out a little more accuracy than my (very) old Savage can muster. 1 MOA would be satisfactory; I'm not trying to qualify for the olympics.

I see there's a whole world of match 10/22 customization, is that the best route to go down?

I'm happy to build from parts, I like chassis guns with decent triggers, and big and heavy is fine. No set budget, but if something around $500-$600 would get MOA accuracy with cheap-ish ammo I'd be pretty happy.

What do y'all think I should look at?

Build off of a 10/22 platform. Helps keep the cost down if you already have one. If not, you start $200 in the hole before upgrading. I built one for me and one for my wife. Both shoot exceptionally well. Spend the most money on the barrel.

Off the top of my head here are some parts that were used. I have a couple of stock so if you do go the 10/22 route let me know and I'll let you know what I have and price.

Kidd brushed stainless barrel
    Whistlepig fluted custom painted barrel
    Volquartsen triggers @ 14 oz.
    Volquartsen extended mag release
    Kidd buffer
    Boyds stocks
    Oversized charging handle

I'll post some pics in a sec of mine and wife's guns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is some eye candy

Comment

I'll second Crash. On a 35 yr old 10/22 I spent less than $300 on a Green Mountain bull barrel, Ruger BX-25 trigger (think that's what its called) Boyds stock and Bushnell 22 scope, (All from Midway and looked for sales) I now have a sub moa 10/22.

Comment

I have a factory 10/22 LVT and it shoots well below MOA. I haven't stretched it out past 100 yards or so, but shoots great.

Comment

Great info, thanks!

Comment

Has anyone used the Brimstone trigger kits? I need to swap out my stock trigger and I’m thinking about the brimstone trigger kit.

Comment

KIDD barrels are the bees knees. I ran ragged one hole groups in mine easily at 100.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  KIDD barrels are the bees knees. I ran ragged one hole groups in mine easily at 100.
                  I agree. Don't discount the Whistlepig Barrels either. Just as accurate but SUPER light.

Comment

Yep, start with a 10-22. Plenty of mods. See

rimfirecentral.com

Comment

I've got a cz 455 tacticool that shoots great put of the box. but, it's a bolt gun.

I got a tacsol (tactical solutions) 1022 and put a kidd trigger in it. it is also an awesome shooter.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                        Great info, thanks!
                        This is what you seek: http://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Afte...ns-_p_172.html

Comment

Working...
                        X