Arrow help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow help??

Was wanting to increase my FOC a little bit and was having trouble choosing the right arrow. Out of a Chill R set at 28" and 70lbs shooting a 27" Easton Axis with 50grn inserts will I be ok with the 340s or should I go ahead and bump up to the 300s? I have both so I guess I could play around with it but thought I might get a couple of opinions from some of you guys out there smarter than myself. With the 340s I'm looking at 436 grains with an FOC of 14.7, and with the 400s its 468 grains and a FOC of 13.7.

I doubt I'm smarter than you, but OT2 may be. When I run the numbers it looks like your right in between... 340s slightly underspined and 300s slightly overspined. Shows optimum with your set-up to be .320. Have you considered the 300s with a 125gr head?

Comment

300's dude.......... 300's

Comment

I would go with .300's as well. I shot a Monster 7.0 with similar specs and it shot .300's better than .340's.

Since you mention you have both - go shoot 'em! This is the best way to see what works best for you and gives you a reason to be at the range longer/shoot more.

Comment

What Muddy said!

Comment

How much f.o.c. Are you looking for. Average is 10 to 15. Your there now. If your wanting more then run the 300 like muddy stated. But I would look at a insert closer to 75 to 100 gns to give you a high foc and make it worth your wild to do. I'm running in the 23 foc on my arrows

Comment

With 300's you can start off long and cut them off till they are in spine and tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                300's dude.......... 300's

Yep.

Comment

Def. .300's with 50 extra grains on the back of the insert.

Comment

I'm not sure overspined is an issue but underspined can give you trouble.

Comment

Working...
                    X