Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which .45-70? CVA or Traditions

Hi All,

I am looking at getting a 45-70 and before I drop a ton on a fancy gun I thought I might try a simple 45-70 to start. Anyone tried either of these two guns or anyone have a opinion?

Would be used in South Texas on deer and hogs no more than 100 yards, more likely 50 yards. Just kinda want a .45-70

CVA Scout V2 in .45-70

or

Traditions Outfitter G2 in .45-70

Thanks in advance for thoughts.

I’m curious, have you looked at Marlin 1895s? I have one (newer Remington version) and it shoots under an inch at 100 yards. It is a darn good shooter plus quick follow up shots.

Or you could go big and look into a Shiloh Sharps business rifle in 45-70. If you’re gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.

Comment

Looks like you was to try a 45/70 on the cheep, look at a H&R Handi Rifle in 45-70 also

Comment

I've had a cva stalker elite in 45-70 that hasn't let me down. Shoots about an inch at 100, very fun gun.

Comment

CVA makes a fine rifle !!

Comment

Great round
            I hunt with a Remington Rolling Block 45.70

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

I don’t know anything about the Traditions but I do know for a fact the CVA’s are accurate guns with great triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                  CVA makes a fine rifle !!

I have a cva v2 in 45-70 and it shoots lights out with the regular old Remington load 405 gr sp. haven't had a deer run over 40 yds.

haven't recovered a bullet either lol

Comment

I would personally look for a used lever gun. Have a couple JM stamped marlins that I love.

Comment

I definitely think the Shiloh is the best idea. Why not drop $2k to see if you like a cartridge??

All kidding aside, I had a H&R that shot pretty good. I don’t have any experience with the others you mentioned.

Comment

I have a Henry and it is a tack driver. Love it!

Comment

I love my Marlin 1895

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have a few Academy gift cards and so that is what is driving me to the two listed.

Comment

I have a CVA Stalker in 44 Mag .. It's accuracy is great no more than 2" at 100 yards if I do my part.

I use to have a 45 - 70 Handi - Rifle... was not that accurate plus it wasn't nice to my shoulder even with mild handloads

Comment

Working...
                              X