DIY your Own Archery lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY your Own Archery lane

I want to put in a archary lane in my back yard its probably about 25-30 yards long from fence to fence. So here is what i was thinking. Using plywood for the roof and the size. Do you think having 2 sheets of plywood as the backstop would be enough?

I'd go with a few pieces of sheet rock for the backstop. Say 4 pieces of 5/8" thick sheet rock.

Comment

I would get rubber stall Mat from factor supply for a back stop. It won't mess up your arras

Comment

One thing i forgot to mention i will be shooting at a target not the back stop I just want something that the arrows cant go threw and into the Nieghbors back yard. I plan on making it a enclosed on

Comment

My arrow happened to go thur 2 peices of plywood and my metal shed getting stuck in second side....

Comment

Carpet !! use carpet !!

Comment

Originally posted by locoengineer View Post
              I would get rubber stall Mat from factor supply for a back stop. It won't mess up your arras
              That is what I have for a backstop at my house but I have it so I don't have to go looking for arrows in the pasture.

Comment

Nice Since this is in the city and in my back yard i just want to make sure it does not get past the stop.

Comment

Use styro foam from a boat dealer that are 3x3x6 and stacke'em

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360012142.339729.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	24166761
                    4 layers of carpet hung over a old Porch swing frame. If shooting a compound hang a bag target in front of it. The carpet will stop them but sometimes it will berries the vanes.

Comment

I like the hanging carpet idea because I have spent some time looking for arrows in the coastal field. Hard to find when they are buried in the grass.

Comment

good ideas

Comment

I use hay bales. Stack however high you want and two deep

Comment

Well my main concern is saftey Which is why i would go with a enclosed Lane. These are some great ideas

Comment

Working...
                            X