Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small saw horses work well

Comment

Ok thanks guys, made some concrete in the bucket stands, wow those are heavy!!

Comment

Originally posted by jfalcone8 View Post
        Take a 2x4 or 2x6 put it in a 5 gal bucket set concrete in the bucket and attach camera to that. Never had mine knocked over
        Brilliant and the simplest idea on here. Kudos.

Comment

excellent ideas. i had a heck of time keeping my camera on a t-post.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
            What about a cordless drill and long 1/2" masonry bit to drill down into the limestone, then just weld a piece of rebar onto a t-post and drive the rebar down into the pilot hole?

Just a thought, Don't know if it would work
            That will do it if the battery last long enough. A T-post dropped in those holes doesn't move with a little bit of gravel or dirt inserted after the post.

Comment

Pretty cool Ideas there. Never hunting a place that rocky though.

Comment

In my neck of the woods, I've had one too many game cameras stolen by illegals crossing through the ranch. I set a 4x4 in a five gallon bucket filled with concrete. I removed the mother board and screwed in 4 inch wood screws through a galvanized rafter plate and the back side of the camera into the 4x4 and then screwed the mother board back on. If they want the camera bad enough, they will try to carry off the 80 pound bucket or damage the camera. Its been nearly four years and no damage and the camera stand is in place.

Also you can move the game cameras around as needed. I didn't bother trying to camo the stand and the animal are not bothered by the flash, only the aliens!

Comment

I use a T-post and flip it upside down and use bungy cord to hold the camera on.

Comment

Originally posted by dadogg View Post
                    Heres some pics of mine. I use the unions so the handle can still be used to carry the bucket. I use 4" PVC for the camera and 2" for the hoglights.You cansee the hog light behind the buck.I put @ 30lbs of redycrete in the base. Never had them knocked over yet
                    This! I did it in only one trip to Home Depot!

Comment

Working...
                    X