Loaning out "my baby"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loaning out "my baby"

My wife and I went to the promised land this weekend (aka College Station) to visit friends before she is too pregnant to travel. My good hunting buddy and I decided to shoot bows on Saturday. We shot our compounds to make sure everything is on par...we have a hunt booked this coming weekend at Crystal Creek. Anyway, he had really been eyeing my longbow sleeve so we got it out and started shooting. His eyes lit up...especially after driliing a bullseye at around 12 yards. In order to feed his addiction, I am going to take him my old and dear Bear bow this weekend so he can start practicing. I think he is hooked. Like many of us, he chased alot of critters as a kid with a recurve in hand. Chalk one more up.

That's a great thing to do. My father in law was down visiting us a couple of weeks ago and he and I went out in the yard to do some shooting. I got out my old 45# bow so he could shoot a few arrows with it. After he shot it for about 5 shots he started talking about when he was a youngster he had a bow and received an Archery badge. I asked him if he would like to take that bow home with him and practice up so this summer we could go on a hog hunt together. Much to my suprise he jumped on that offer and has already bought a target and bow stringer. This also made me a few points with his daughter so it worked out nice for me too.

Comment

yep, another one!

Comment

The "virus" must be going around. My younger brother is going to the lease with me this weekend and wants to try a pig stalk with my recurve...I'll shoot and he'll film...but the interest is there for him. Now if he'll just practice, he'll be shooting and I'll be filming.
        It's worst than the flu...no known cure, and it lasts longer than 7 days!

Comment

Working...
        X