• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
    Ironman, what is he tinkering with.
    Disconnected his two-block alarm.

Comment

That city is the armpit of America. There isn't an elected official in the city that is not crooked. I grew up just outside of NO and moved to Texas 27 years ago. Best decision I ever made in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        Holy crap! They disconnected his two-block alarm! This could get very interesting!
        I am going to bet it doesn't come down today...I don't see a single light plant, they haven't disconnected the statue from it's pedestal, and I am fairly certain that crane is way too small for how far the boom is reaching out.

Comment

Disconnected his two-block alarm.
          Hoping for the best, stupid Mayor knows there are precious lives involved here.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I am going to bet it doesn't come down today...I don't see a single light plant, they haven't disconnected the statue from it's pedestal, and I am fairly certain that crane is way too small for how far the boom is reaching out.
            Yeah. He needs about 10' more boom. Lol.

Comment

Guess all the cops are there too make sure the hood rats cheering it on don't start rioting or looting to celebrate.

Comment

Haha! He can't reach! He's two-blocked! Gonna need a bigger crane. Don't know if his jib can handle the load. What a cluster!
                Agreed, they ain't got enough reach to get the slack out of those straps. Their done for today.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
                  That city is the armpit of America. There isn't an elected official in the city that is not crooked. I grew up just outside of NO and moved to Texas 27 years ago. Best decision I ever made in my life.
                  I moved here from River Ridge about the same time. Not a native, but lived down there for several years. Most people that I knew down there had moved from New Orleans out to Jefferson Parish in the 80's. Explains a lot.

Comment

If he doesn't have to lift the base over something, like bolts or whatever, he can boom up and make the lift. He's two-blocked out at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                      Yeah, cause having people get injured and/or killed is worth the embarrassment.
                      I'm sure the experienced riggers, ground crew and crane operator could implement a full work stoppage if they felt a potential safety issue.

Comment

Is he still standing tall?

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                          Is he still standing tall?
                          Yes sir he isn't going down without a fight

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                            Yes sir he isn't going down without a fight
                            True that! It's awesome!

Comment

No more TV for me I'm headed home.
                              Y'all keep me posted

Comment

They must feel confident they have it rigged right since they are removing the bolts that hold it in place

Comment

Working...
                                X