Aerobic or in ground septic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerobic or in ground septic

Any input, need to make the call. In ground is 3k more and will be harder to tie shop into.

Aerobic would be my pic, mainly because it will eventually have to be done if you want to sell the place later.

Mine is in ground and I am wanting to switch so my kids won't have to deal with it when I'm gone.

Comment

I hate my aerobic system. Yearly service contract, maintenance. I've replaced to aerator motor twice, sprinkler water once, controller box once and numerous sprinkler heads. If you're in good draining soil and have plenty of room....I'd go with the conventional system

My system is the Norenco.

Comment

?

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
        Aerobic would be my pic, mainly because it will eventually have to be done if you want to sell the place later.

Mine is in ground and I am wanting to switch so my kids won't have to deal with it when I'm gone.
        Why if you sell the place, our county allows em?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          I hate my aerobic system. Yearly service contract, maintenance. I've replaced to aerator motor twice, sprinkler water once, controller box once and numerous sprinkler heads. If you're in good draining soil and have plenty of room....I'd go with the conventional system
          This.... exactly... I hate that dang thing. I would love to convert to a conventional

Comment

Aerobic vs not is just another step in the treatment system. Yes, there are more moving parts to maintain, but it does a much better job of treating the waste.

You can have an aerobic with surface application, a drip system, a chamber system, and any number of other sub-surface disposal systems. It depends on your soil type, set backs, and space available.

Some counties require an aerobic system because it is a better treatment system. Check with your county designated representative if there is one. It is NOT required by TCEQ.

An aerobic treatment unit (ATU) is required on a surface application system otherwise they stink.
            Last edited by twobittxn; 05-19-2017, 11:24 AM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

My system is the Norenco.
              Same here! I will NEVER have an aerobic syestem again. I've had traditional systems my whole life without any issues at all. Our aerobic system has been a nightmare. We live on a sandhill so there is no need for an aerobic system. The soil drains well here. It can rain 10 inches and I can mow the next morning. I'm fixing to get a perk test and rip it out and put field line in
              Last edited by Pineywoods; 05-19-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

If your soil has the drainage go conventional. No need for BS service contract and the threat of legal action by the county/state if your contract runs out.

Comment

Love my conventional! No reason to go aerobic unless your forced to imo.

Comment

I currently have a conventional. When I get my new place built I will have a conventional. My wife's family is full of plumbers. They all say go conventional.

-john

Comment

Aerobic def does a better job of treating it...and if u have a well I would be even more inclined to go aerobic.. a good quality system installed by a knowledgeable company it's very low maintenance and very clean system
                      Although I live in a rocky area so bot much choice

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                        Aerobic def does a better job of treating it...and if u have a well I would be even more inclined to go aerobic.. a good quality system installed by a knowledgeable company it's very low maintenance and very clean system
                        Although I live in a rocky area so bot much choice
                        Do or have you had an aerobic system?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                          Any input, need to make the call. In ground is 3k more and will be harder to tie shop into.
                          Hard to imagine that a conventional system would cost MORE than an aerobic to install.
                          In 18 years with our aerobic system, we have had to replace the air compressor three times (they say they only last 3-5 years, so we've beaten the average), had it pumped out twice, replaced numerous sprinkler heads, had to have electrical work on the controls, and had to pay the annual maintenance each year.
                          I would NEVER make the continuing investment in an aerobic system if I could get by with a conventional system. And it irks me that I am required to have the aerobic system when I live in the boonies.

Comment

When I bought my house and had to have the septic system replaced I would have gone with the aerobic instead of regular septic system. Aerobic has more moving parts and has to be maintained, but at some point you will probably have to pump a regular septic tank, you have to deal with the field line water percolating to the top on occasion, etc. Plus during the drought we have had having the sprinkler system to dispose of the treated water would have gone a long way to saving my grass in the yard.

Comment

My aerobic runs out behind the barn and keeps grass growing thick for the horses. Helps cut down on buying extra hay in the summer, so it's a win for me. Not sure whay the service co tract stuff is about. I just occasionally drop a chlorine tab in the slot for them and clean the air pump filter and go back inside where it's cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X