2014 Chevy Ranch hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Chevy Ranch hand

Just got my new Ranch Hand grill guard put on my 2014 Chevy 1500 Crew Cab Z, gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed in their design. They have a U shaped bracket that goes under the air dam (under the bumper, standard on all new trucks). Well, the air dam was way too low in my opinion, so first trip to the lease and i caught the edge of if on a higher piece of ground, tearing it loose on one side. So as soon as I got home, I tore off the air dam for additional ground clearance in the front. Back to the Ranch Hand, that U shaped bracket hangs lower the where the air dam was, so I lost an additional 1.5 inches of clearance. I have had it for 4 hours and already scraped bottom twice. Is this the best design Ranch Hand can come up with?? Do they actually test drive the vehicles after they come up with the design?? I have owned it for 4 hrs and already fund a flaw, yet they still charge $585 for it.

Now I am going to have to go back and get a leveling kit just to raise the front up enough so that I don't scrape bottom every time I come out of a parking lot. One other thing, who thought it was a good idea to get rid of the Euro Bar? I loved the Euro Bar and sent them several emails asking them to put it back on in their design.

This will be my last Ranch Hand guard. Thinking about switching to Frontier next time.

Rant over, just thought I would put that out there for whomever is thinking about buying one.

Pics.

Comment

I don't know how to post pics from my phone, I'll try it from the computer tomorrow. Go to Ranch Hands site and check out their pics. You can see it on their pics if you are looking for it. Of course that's not something you would notice prior to buying it though

Comment

I see what you mean. I looked at Frontier to compare, and they done have anything down low like that. You probably needed a leveling kit anyway

Comment

2014 Chevy Ranch hand

Let's see some pics

Comment

Can I text the pics to somebody?

Comment

2014 Chevy Ranch hand

I really like my ranch hand but I went with full bumper

Comment

Here are the pics. It looks good, but you can see how far that bracket hangs down
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                  I really like my ranch hand but I went with full bumper
                  I would have gone for the full replacement bumper too, but it was out of my budget. If I got the full bumper, I would have wanted to do the leveling kit too. And I was getting a spray in liner and a tool box, so I just couldn't spend the other $500 for the bumper and $250 for the leveling kit

Comment

Leveling kit & bigger tires is what I had to do to my Z-71 . They come so low from the factory, any additional weight to the front end kills the look !

Comment

I dont see a better less permanent bracket for that truck. Aint their fault chevy puts the same size tires on a 4x4 as ford puts on their focus (1 tons are saddest of all...245's)

j/k. the grill guard looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        I dont see a better less permanent bracket for that truck. Aint their fault chevy puts the same size tires on a 4x4 as ford puts on their focus (1 tons are saddest of all...245's)

j/k. the grill guard looks good!

Like it matters what size tires are on a ford, they spend more time of jacks than they do tires

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                          like it matters what size tires are on a ford, they spend more time of jacks than they do tires :d
                          x100000000000000000:d

Comment

Watch removing the air **** you could have heating issues!!

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                              Watch removing the air **** you could have heating issues!!
                              The air dam is just a cheap piece of plastic. I really don't think it does anything. But, I am taking my truck in the morning to get the recall done about the engine fires.

Comment

Working...
                              X