Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My attempt at a fiberglass octagon bow blind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
    I certainly don't want to tell you what to do. But I would like to at least mention that the cloth you are using isn't that strong. You really need to use a couple layers of stranded mat. It will be much stronger than the cloth. Even better would be the stranded mat with the cloth.

I've been working with fiberglass professionally since '88.

There is a lot I could post here, but don't want to come across as a know it all. Just trying to be helpful.
    Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

It is my first rodeo with fiberglass and I am learning as I go.
    I have 2 more blinds in the books that I will try to make and will take all feedback as well as what I'm learning into consideration to make the next ones.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
      I certainly don't want to tell you what to do. But I would like to at least mention that the cloth you are using isn't that strong. You really need to use a couple layers of stranded mat. It will be much stronger than the cloth. Even better would be the stranded mat with the cloth.

I've been working with fiberglass professionally since '88.

There is a lot I could post here, but don't want to come across as a know it all. Just trying to be helpful.

Huntinfool is there a cheaper place to buy the fiberglass materials?

Comment

I buy mine locally. I don't know of any online sources. Usually there is a supply place in the area, just have to find it. Buying in larger quantiles will yield a better price. But for most storage is a problem. Resin will last longer if kept cool, like in a fridge but will contaminate the fridge forever. Glass should be kept dry. If it gets wet its ruined.

Comment

any updates?

Comment

West Marine is a good place to get any thing for fiberglass. They have just about everything for fiberglass.

Comment

No progress since Saturday.

Between our business, my job, my son's boxing class and my daughter's driving class, it's been crazy around here.

Going to try and make some progress tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio_III View Post
                No progress since Saturday.

Between our business, my job, my son's boxing class and my daughter's driving class, it's been crazy around here.

Going to try and make some progress tomorrow.
                How goes it?

Ive got plans for one when it cools off and season slows down...

Comment

My attempt at a fiberglass octagon bow blind.

Put both sides together last night and starting on the roof.

Comment

Any progress as of late?

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

great job.looking good

Comment

Here is another site. If you send them the size (estimated Sq. footage) of the job your working on, they will provide a take-off on what materials you need. http://www.fiberglasssite.com

Comment

In

Comment

Working...
                            X