Hiring without advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiring without advertising

Any thoughts on trying to hire office help without advertising all over? I need another office personnel at a location but it’s in a small community where I have relatives and lots of friends. Trying to avoid bad feelings for not hiring a relative or friend if they aren’t who we go with. I know I will get way to many applicants from folks I know that I don’t want to hire if I advertise it out in the open.

Thoughts ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother has hired a lot of folks of Indeed.com and another online service that I forget, e-something. Granted this was in Austin.
    Last edited by Patton; 09-19-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

sounds like people you know are going to find out one way or another unless a co-worker can vouch for someone they know. I'd probably go there first. See if someone in the office knows someone looking. Other than that its going to be difficult.

Comment

Outside placement agency

Comment

Craigslist

Comment

Can u PM me with details for the water hauling job please

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
              sounds like people you know are going to find out one way or another unless a co-worker can vouch for someone they know. I'd probably go there first. See if someone in the office knows someone looking. Other than that its going to be difficult.
              This.

Comment

I have used Craigslist several times. I describe the job and requirements and do NOT give enough specifics for anyone to know where it is until I see who it is and some qualifications.

Comment

Be direct, don't hide from anyone. Include in the employment ad that the company has a policy of not hiring friends or family.

The business reason behind this is to uphold high employee performance standards by maintaining the ability to fire any employee for poor performance according to company guidelines, along with avoiding any possibilities for favoritism based on previous relationships.

If anyone gets upset about that, too bad for them. You cannot be responsible for the feelings of others when you operate your business in a fair and above board manner.

You are in business to generate profit for the stakeholders, not create hand-out jobs like a welfare state.

Comment

Dont put the company name in the ad?
                    Job title, responsibility, town, ballpark pay, experience needed etc
                    You can review applicants and go from there.
                    Or go through an agency and let them do the leg work

You want the best candidate, why limit the exposure and possibly miss out on a good employee?

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
                      Be direct, don't hide from anyone. Include in the employment ad that the company has a policy of not hiring friends or family.

The business reason behind this is to uphold high employee performance standards by maintaining the ability to fire any employee for poor performance according to company guidelines, along with avoiding any possibilities for favoritism based on previous relationships.

If anyone gets upset about that, too bad for them. You cannot be responsible for the feelings of others when you operate your business in a fair and above board manner.

You are in business to generate profit for the stakeholders, not create hand-out jobs like a welfare state.
                      Well said

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
                        It's always funny getting a resume from a family member or someone you know from our outside placement agency and when you read it you say "What the what?!?......there are folks out there now that can make a pulp wood cutter's experience sound like they have been developing new genome replacement therapy techniques

Comment

Working...
                        X