Hvac ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hvac ?

I have steel flexible metal conduit from my outside disconnect to power in on my compressor. It’s not the liquid tight. Not sure if this was conduit run on original install but I just noticed it recently. This is a system install in 2008 and we’ve been here since 2016. Should I be concerned? Get it corrected?

if it doesnt appear to be cracked or broken than I wouldnt worry about it. Cant tell you how many times I've come across that in the field

Comment

Just not outdoor material, I would replace it with seal tight myself..

Comment

Its not weather tight. If it runs downhill where water can run in the unit or the disconnect, I would change it. If not, I wouldn't worry about it. If its a problem, buy a whip and replace it.

Comment

Sounds like m/c

Comment

If it's routed in a u shape manner then I wouldn't be concerned. The water will run down to the bottom and drip off. If it's routed down hill into the compressor I might replace it with seal tight and put a drip loop in it. Don't want any water getting in either box. The cable inside will withstand years of weather inside that conduit without issue due to no direct sunlight. So I wouldn't be too concerned there either.

Comment

Working...
            X