Pork Tenderloin recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Tenderloin recipe?

Well, since I've seen so many amazing recipes on here lately I thought I'd see what y'all have for pork tenderloin? I have an 8 lb'er that I'm going to cook for my b'day party tomorrow and don't really know what to do besides smoke it. So what do y'all got?

Stuffed. Do a search for recent recipes. I tried one and it turned out superb.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is what I use........
      Take the tender and marinade it up to two days, I usually do it a day and a half.
      One bottle of Stubbs spicy bbq
      Little bit of Worcestershire (spelling?), If you put too much the meat will taste only like this
      Canadian steak seasoning, be careful it is salty
      wee bit lemon pepper and cracked pepper
      One lemon, and half a sweet onion ( you can also use an orange)
      Guarantee it is very very good. Cook slow and then right before its done, put a little marinade while cooking, to finish it up

Comment

Originally posted by daveally View Post
        I have an 8 lb'er that I'm going to cook for my b'day party tomorrow
        This may just be symantics to some, but there is a real difference in the cuts of meat. The tenderloin is the smaller set of muscles on the inside of the body cavity while the loin is the larger set of muscles on the top sides of the spinal column. With an 8-pounded -- you most likely have a pork loin, not the tenderloin. Still good eats, but look for pork loin recipes instead. Stuffed is always good -- with any number of stuffing components. A favorite of mine is with onions, garlic, and green onions, but for a change, try cutting a hole in the center longwise, and stick a juicy smoked sausage inside and grill after marinading with favor marinade.

Comment

Thanks y'all. Sounds like stuffed is the way to go. Capfab...I'd found that recipe but didn't want to wrap it in bacon as I do have one or two health minded people coming to dinner. McClain...thanks for the clarification. Maybe it is a pork loin but I could've sworn it said tenderloin on the wrapper. Either way it looks like I'll be marinating it overnight and then stuffing it with assorted goodness.

Any ideas on how long to leave it on the grill?

Edit: I'll be smoking a brisket at the same time so am I safe to assume that the pork wouldn't take nearly as long as the brisket?

Comment

Smoke/grill until 145 internal. Took mine about 1.5 hours, not brisket smoking time. I did have my grill hotter than 225 though. I would not hesitate to exclude the bacon. Might put pineapple or garlic on top for something different. Love me some pork stuffed with veggies and peppers! Good luck.

Comment

Just cut a pocket length wise through the side. Shake cayenne pepper inside and out ( it won't be hot I promise ) and stuff it with chopped pecans. Tie it back up with twine and throw it on the grill or smoker. Real simple and tastes great. Again, the cayenne will not make it hot, just flavor it nice. My wife loves this.

Comment

The tenderloins in the packaging with the juices are hard to beat with just a dry rub and smoked for two hours.....but for a loin ol cafcab looks like he knows a thing or two.

Comment

Always wanted to stuff one with dirty rice and smoke it...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Always wanted to stuff one with dirty rice and smoke it...

This sounds really good. I use boudain and it is great.

Comment

Here's one I posted in the Recipes Forum a couple years ago. (Sometimes I don't feel like firing up the smoker) Everybody I've ever served it to has really liked it.

Pork Tenderloin Medallions in Orange Garlic Sause
                      Ingedients:
                      1/4 cup flour
                      salt and ground pepper
                      Pork back strap or tenderloin trimmed and sliced into 1/2 thick medallions
                      2 tablespoons olive oil
                      2 garlic cloves, minced
                      3/4 cup orange juice (about 4 oranges if you are squeezing fresh)
                      1 tablespoon lemon juice

In shallow dish, whisk together flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper
                      Mash or hammer pork slices till' they're about 1/3 inch thick
                      Dredge slices in flour/spice mixture-shake off excess
                      Heat olive oil over medium high heat
                      Working in batches so you don't crowd the pan, sear the slices till brown (about 2 min per side)
                      Transfer to platter, cover with foil

Add a little more oil, then garlic to pan, stirring till you can smell it (about a minute)
                      Add orange and lemon juice, bring to a boil, scrape up browned bits
                      Cook 2-3 minutes till slightly thickenend, add salt and pepper
                      Pour sauce over pork slices and toss to cover.

Enjoy!!
                      Last edited by jerp; 05-27-2010, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I stuff it with bouldin and Pepper jack cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by daveally View Post
                          Thanks y'all. Sounds like stuffed is the way to go. Capfab...I'd found that recipe but didn't want to wrap it in bacon as I do have one or two health minded people coming to dinner. McClain...thanks for the clarification. Maybe it is a pork loin but I could've sworn it said tenderloin on the wrapper. Either way it looks like I'll be marinating it overnight and then stuffing it with assorted goodness.

Any ideas on how long to leave it on the grill?

Edit: I'll be smoking a brisket at the same time so am I safe to assume that the pork wouldn't take nearly as long as the brisket?
                          the health minded can always take the bacon off but its hard to beat with it on. I always put an extra layer of bacon down on the foil so the bacon your wrappin it with wont stick and you only lose a couple strips.

Comment

If you cut it through the middle and stuff the sausage through the middle I like to poke holes all in the sausage with a fork before stuffing it through the loin. When the sausage cooks the juices run out and it helps to keep that big ol loin from drying out.

Comment

Stubbs Texas steakhouse marinade for a day smoke open for 2 hours then wrap with marinade in foil. I use hickory/oak mixed usually but did full oak without the bark this last time and I didn't need a knife to cut it. This was for a 3.5lb loin and unbelievablely good!

Comment

Working...
                              X