bow storage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bow storage...

Is there a concern with storing my bow, a compound, in my shop where the climate is not controlled? Are the limbs susceptible to the heat?
    Just wondering lately...

Climate controlled area is always preferred. And yes the limbs are susceptible to heat

Comment

Mine hang in the garage year round and it has never been an issue. If I had room in the house they would be in there.

Comment

I hunt outdoors and sometimes regularly in 100 degree temps.

My rule of thumb is don't store a bow in an area that would exceed normal outdoor temperatures. Leaving in car, in the summer, in the heat is a no-no because they can exceed normal temps. Otherwise a garage that is vented and all that stuff should be fine. The best way to keep the limbs from twisting is to hang by the string and ensure there isn't any sort of odd pressure put on the limbs when it is hot or under pressure.

Comment

yes

Comment

Store your bow in the house!

Comment

I am gonna stor my new bow in doors only from now on...good info

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                Mine hang in the garage year round and it has never been an issue. If I had room in the house they would be in there.
                same here....garage is cool enough.

Comment

I store mine indoors. Less heat and humidity.

Comment

I stored all mine on the top bunch in my sons room. We finnaly did away with the bunch beds so I had to come up with something else to store 6 bows and a crossbow. Of course the wife thinks they need to go outside but that ain't happening.
                    I made this rack above the Washer and Dryer I the utility room. More than enough room and claimant controlled.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Working...
                    X