Need Awesome Trout fishing Lodge - private

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Awesome Trout fishing Lodge - private

I have got a good friend who wants to take his kid on a trout fishing trip in 3 weeks. He has been a few times with guides who go on public streams and not really caught anything. He is now looking for a Private resort/ Ranch that has a nice lodge and does trout fishing on their own property. Cost is not that big of an issue, just a place to catch fish. Any state up north is fine..

And Go......

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
    I have got a good friend who wants to take his kid on a trout fishing trip in 3 weeks. He has been a few times with guides who go on public streams and not really caught anything. He is now looking for a Private resort/ Ranch that has a nice lodge and does trout fishing on their own property. Cost is not that big of an issue, just a place to catch fish. Any state up north is fine..

And Go......

I have not been there but I talked to them last year. Its in NM and they have 4.5 miles of cow creek running through there property....and some mountain lakes. Big trout too.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post

And Go......

Which state?

Oops sorry just read the "any state up north is fine" part.

Comment

Colorado Angler in Dillon, Co does Private Water Trips and are excellent guys

Comment

Mitch, we went to Trinchera Ranch near Fort Garland, Colorado last year. Outstanding place, previously owned by Malcolm Forbes. Google it for the history of the place.

In July we are going to the Soaring Eagle Lodge on the San Juan River in NM. We have used the same guide out of Taos Fly Shop, Ron Sedall, and he will put his clients on fish and does an excellent job coaching. Ron can be reached at 505-280-3377. He may be booked, but I can highly recommend him.

Fly fishing the San Juan River in New Mexico is a fly fisher’s dream come true. The tailwater below the holds an estimated 10,000-12,000 rainbow and brown trout per mile. You can stay in our lodge only 30 yards from the river and enjoy dinner in our restaurant prepared by our top chefs. Call to reserve your spot today.

Both of the above links are not cheap, but they will eat very well!!!
          Last edited by Burnadell; 05-18-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Hey Mitch! If $$ is not an issue then you should check into Vermejo Park Ranch, just west of Raton, NM. My BIL goes every year and they love it. First class lodge and ranch.

Lee.

Comment

Here is where I would go. There are a number of lodges with fishing docks and/or guide services. Plenty of fish and beautiful country.
              Little Red River, emerging icy cold from beneath massive dam at Greers Ferry Lake is a premier-class trout stream. Trout were introduced to the Little Red in 1966, some three years after the completion of the lake project.

Comment

Get a hold of Corky at Heads Up Fly-fishing in Durango....

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
                  Hey Mitch! If $$ is not an issue then you should check into Vermejo Park Ranch, just west of Raton, NM. My BIL goes every year and they love it. First class lodge and ranch.

Lee.
                  This!
                  We have hunted here. 1st class set up with beautiful streams and big mountain lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    Mitch, we went to Trinchera Ranch near Fort Garland, Colorado last year. Outstanding place, previously owned by Malcolm Forbes. Google it for the history of the place.

THIS x2

love this place.

Comment

Check out ginclearguideservice.com, he does trips on the white river in Arkansas. Stand up guy who can flat out catch fish

Comment

Try roaring River State Park. Casseville, Missouri.
                        Cabins and hotel on the river, Fish are stocked daily. It can be any where from 400 fish to 2,000 depending on how many tags were sold previous year X formula

Comment

The fishing at the Holy Water is awesome: http://thesolitaryangler.com/accomodations/

They also guide at Trinchera (I've never been). I've fished with them at the Culebra, but there's no onsite lodging there (stay in Questa, Red River, or Taos). The fishing is fantastic on the Culebra. I've fished with them at the Green River outside Kemmerer, WY as well, and it's great. Hotels in Kemmerer are nothing fancy, but the fishing is awesome. I literally had to crawl out of the river after fighting big rainbows and salmon all day.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                            Try roaring River State Park. Casseville, Missouri.
                            Cabins and hotel on the river, Fish are stocked daily. It can be any where from 400 fish to 2,000 depending on how many tags were sold previous year X formula
                            High Fence Fishing

Comment

Vermejo Ranch is as nice as they come.
                              Vermejoparkranch.com

Comment

Working...
                              X