No announcement yet.

1st place Texas Rangers!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else gonna be at the game tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
      Negative ghost rider. 85 wins made the post season last year.
      Not in the AL West for sure for last year. And one year doesn't tell the story you are trying to portray.

From 96 til now, the wild card era, last years 85 win team was the only team to make the playoffs with less than 86 wins. And in that same time period, the magic number to make the playoffs is 94 wins on average. The Texas Rangers in 2015 have been only team to win division with 88 wins since the 2012 Detroit Tigers. Since 2009 3 teams have won division with less than 90 wins. Not good odds. So all that to say that shooting for 88 wins to make playoffs or win division is just getting lucky and not controlling destiny.

Comment

No matter what they do, they'll end up trading any stud they find.

Comment

From first to worst.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
            Not in the AL West for sure for last year. And one year doesn't tell the story you are trying to portray.

From 96 til now, the wild card era, last years 85 win team was the only team to make the playoffs with less than 86 wins. And in that same time period, the magic number to make the playoffs is 94 wins on average. The Texas Rangers in 2015 have been only team to win division with 88 wins since the 2012 Detroit Tigers. Since 2009 3 teams have won division with less than 90 wins. Not good odds. So all that to say that shooting for 88 wins to make playoffs or win division is just getting lucky and not controlling destiny.
            Cool story! Its only taken a little over 88 wins to get the second WC spot since 2012. And I am well aware of the just getting lucky and not controlling destiny. I am a fan but I am not delusional.

Comment

I'll just leave this here...

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

I have never looked less forward to opening day… And the trade deadline will be even worse when Beltre leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ownership gave JD the reigns and the checkbook to try and get it done for several years, and now the bad contracts have to be dealt with (Firlder/Choo/Odor?), and the farm system had to be restocked. I don't think it has to be 3-4 years of suck, but it will be at least 2.

My biggest fear is that the owners sell as soon as the new ugly stadium is finished...

Comment

Originally posted by NotJose View Post
                    Probably gonna b a very Loong season, but as Jerp mentions. Hopefully this a yr of growth and improvements from some youngsters.

I have been a Rangers fan for a LONG time. The growth and improvement of these youngsters will be tough from the demoralization of what this pitching staff is going to do. When you have a #3 guy and a few #5 guys and Colon as the starters, it will not be a good season.
                    I hope i'm wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      It's hard to see 80 wins with the pitching staff JD has put together.

We'll still be there tomorrow. At least a team from Texas will win.
                      Yup. But to say it a little differently: JD failed to put together a pitching staff. I’ll cheer for ‘em anyway. I expect that I’ll be hitting the bed early on a lot of game nights though.

Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Going to be a long season - so very long.

Going to opening day in a couple of years in a dome has got me ticked off as well.
                        I agree on both accounts. We go to the opener every year...a dome...what a joke.

Comment

Working...
                        X