No announcement yet.

Video Equipment I Use for Self-Filmed Hunts - TBH Video Journal 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool stuff. How many backpacks do you have to carry out in the morning for all the camera equipment? [emoji23][emoji23] And how early do you have to get out there to set it all up? [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by jared_bays View Post
      Very cool stuff. How many backpacks do you have to carry out in the morning for all the camera equipment? [emoji23][emoji23] And how early do you have to get out there to set it all up? [emoji23][emoji23]

LOL! It normally sets up pretty quickly (other than the camera tree arm, which can take a few minutes, but I leave it up the whole weekend once set.)

My backpack can get pretty heavy!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        Any sneak peeks on the topic of the next video your working on?

I'll second Robby Ayala's videos, I watched him on YouTube and that's what brought me to this sight. Great content on his page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The next one is a return to the Hunting Camp series from CDLC during MLD season. I'll also have some duck hunts and sausage making videos. I have an early season Mule Deer hunt project that I need to finish, as well.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

You just keep raising the bar. The ability to pan a remote camera is really cool. Thanks for taking the time to make that video. Very educational.

Comment

I did a bunch of "research" last night... Did you mention that you use an Osmo Pro (with the interchangeable lenses)? I'd love to go that route, but likely will get the "+" first and give that a whirl...

Like you, my backpack get's pretty heavy and it takes me a good 30 minutes to get set up ready to shoot (my bow)... I have literally hundreds of shots on video, slo-mo's, and such, but just cannot bring myself to put it out there on the u-tube web... Me n Chew have had some great hunts together where he did the shootin' and I did the filmin'... That Osmo will bring a whole new dimension to self filmed hunts! REALLY appreciate you taking the time to post up this video (but my wife ain't too happy about it

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              I did a bunch of "research" last night... Did you mention that you use an Osmo Pro (with the interchangeable lenses)? I'd love to go that route, but likely will get the "+" first and give that a whirl...

Like you, my backpack get's pretty heavy and it takes me a good 30 minutes to get set up ready to shoot (my bow)... I have literally hundreds of shots on video, slo-mo's, and such, but just cannot bring myself to put it out there on the u-tube web... Me n Chew have had some great hunts together where he did the shootin' and I did the filmin'... That Osmo will bring a whole new dimension to self filmed hunts! REALLY appreciate you taking the time to post up this video (but my wife ain't too happy about it

You should post that stuff to YouTube, i'd really like to watch some of them. This weekend I'll be doing a "road to deer season" video trying to get used to my equipment in preparation for next year. I may even try and take a hog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                You just keep raising the bar. The ability to pan a remote camera is really cool. Thanks for taking the time to make that video. Very educational.
                Thanks!
                Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

No, I just use the standard Zemuse X3 (the Pro is X5, I believe) camera that came with my Inspire 1. I can't (yet) justify the Pro version for the Osmo or the Inspire 1! It's pricey!

The X3 only allows 2x (digital) zoom. I believe there is a Z3 that has 7x zoom (3.5x optical plus 2x digital) that would probably be better suited for hunting, but I have other "needs" in that price range ($900 for camera alone) that I'd acquire before I upgrade the Osmo/Inspire.

I have a TON of video footage that has never made it to the web, for one reason or another...mostly because it can be time consuming and tedious to edit! I could probably create a "Throwback" series with some of my old footage that I'm now capturing off my Hi-8, D8 and MiniDV tapes from as far back as 1994! I have to get through the new stuff first, though!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

I cannot get the video to work on FB, here or youboob. Wth??

I'll keep trying and yes I have wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    I cannot get the video to work on FB, here or youboob. Wth??

I'll keep trying and yes I have wifi.
                    Your work have me blocked?! Maybe a bunch of anti-hunters on staff
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great job and info. What editing software do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Your work have me blocked?! Maybe a bunch of anti-hunters on staff
                        Well, I'm in McAllen. Maybe the wifi took off today?

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                          Great job and info. What editing software do you use?

Adobe Premiere CC
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Well, I'm in McAllen. Maybe the wifi took off today?

LOL!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Dang you Michael!!!!! You are gonna cost me a lot of money and make my wife mad.

Great video and thanks for all the info.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                                Dang you Michael!!!!! You are gonna cost me a lot of money and make my wife mad.

Great video and thanks for all the info.

Just tell her it's all so you can get good pics and video of family events and stuff! Surely she'll buy that!
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X