D.A.I.R. 380 score tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D.A.I.R. 380 score tracking

We are starting our 2nd ASA 380 Indoor League very soon and I am wondering just how to track scores when a person is absent from league night. We just pulled a -20% number out of the air from their average so they would not have a "0" night. What do some of you other clubs do? Do you work up a handicap system or just go by raw score? I have looked at the ASA site but did not find anything on tracking score.

1. How long is the league?
    2. How many misses are you willing to allow to stay in contention?

I have been if leagues that a missed shoot is a zero and hammers your average. And I have all been in 12 week leagues that would use 9 of 12 for the average and standings. There is no set format, so you should be able to set up your own protocol.

20% is a pretty big hit! but if that is the way you want it, and everyone knows going into the league, then it seems fair to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
      1. How long is the league?
      2. How many misses are you willing to allow to stay in contention?

I have been if leagues that a missed shoot is a zero and hammers your average. And I have all been in 12 week leagues that would use 9 of 12 for the average and standings. There is no set format, so you should be able to set up your own protocol.

20% is a pretty big hit! but if that is the way you want it, and everyone knows going into the league, then it seems fair to me.
      Thanks bowhuntntxn, We had a sign up, fun shoot tonight and had a really great turn out. I am going to take your advice and poll the group and see how they would like to score a missed night. I just picked the 20% number out of the air as a WAG. We will also discuss the number of missed nights that can be used as well. I am thinking 2 or 3 but no more with a 10 night league. We had lots of kids tonight and a few youth and ladies.
      Thanks for your input.

Comment

Yes. As Glenn said....I would allow some dropped scores. You could make it 7 out of 10. If a shooter makes all 10 shoots they could drop their 3 lowest scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
          Yes. As Glenn said....I would allow some dropped scores. You could make it 7 out of 10. If a shooter makes all 10 shoots they could drop their 3 lowest scores.
          I am liking these ideas. This sounds like it would encourage participation a lot. After talking to some of the guys about missed nights and scoring they are leaning towards posting an average -10% and only two or three missed nights max.

Comment

If Snyder was closer I would love to join in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowe View Post
              If Snyder was closer I would love to join in.
              Hey Lowe, Stay tuned, we are gearing up for a 3D shoot at a brand new place just outside of town. We met yesterday and will be getting some trails cut the next two weeks. We are using an existing "old road" to get started with and plan on cutting more trails through the trees as time permits. It will be posted in the 3D Tournament section when we get set up. Trying for the end of May after the South Plains shoot. Probably on May 24.

Comment

Sounds good glpoe1.

Comment

Have you thought about letting people make up missed nights? I know it is hard for me to make "tuesday" night shoot every week having kiddos/work/busy schedule. C&S has a league going on right now and they will let you make up your round during the week if you need to. This has helped me out twice so far.

Just my .02

Comment

Working...
                  X