No announcement yet.

DIY string stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, if you can find it. All I could ever find was coarse thread all thread. It would be easier though!

Comment

Found my new project....

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Im still a newbie so pardon my questions. What does it help with and how do you adjust/size it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stcavbowhunter View Post
            Im still a newbie so pardon my questions. What does it help with and how do you adjust/size it?
            Good question. String stoppers are installed to bring the string to a stop after a shot is fired. It seriously limits 'aftershock' or 'recoil' or whatever you want to call the vibrations that the string causes after the shot. The soft rubber cushions the string to a 'soft' stop. It also does a great job reducing hand shock. Made a world of difference on my bow.

Comment

Great thread! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by lotsofshots View Post
                  Good question. String stoppers are installed to bring the string to a stop after a shot is fired. It seriously limits 'aftershock' or 'recoil' or whatever you want to call the vibrations that the string causes after the shot. The soft rubber cushions the string to a 'soft' stop. It also does a great job reducing hand shock. Made a world of difference on my bow.
                  Appreciate it! I'm gonna have to look at puting one on my Bear. Im assuming that with less aftershock that it will also help quiet the bow some?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stcavbowhunter View Post
                    Appreciate it! I'm gonna have to look at puting one on my Bear. Im assuming that with less aftershock that it will also help quiet the bow some?
                    Yes, exactly. A LOT quieter. That's what made me want to make this. My buddy and I went to Cinnamon Creek a few weeks back to shoot. He was shooting a new Diamond and it was SILENT! It had a factory string stopper, so I went for it. Wished I had done it years ago.

Comment

what does somthing like that coct to make

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercharles2506 View Post
                        what does somthing like that coct to make
                        Less than $3

Comment

That's impressive. They retail between $39.99 and $69.99 on Lancaster. You saved at least $37 on the conservative side of things.

Comment

Isn't the bushing a AMO 5/16 - 18 thread machine thread ?

Comment

Very nice job. Congrats

Comment

Be sure and serve the area that makes contact with the stop to protect your string from excessive wear.

Comment

Working...
                                X