Photography workshops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photography workshops

Anyone know of any photography workshops near central texas?

Check out Precision Camera in Austin. They have a lot of classes and workshops running all the time. You can find the information on their website.

Comment

And don't forget creativelive.Com

Comment

And, if you want to self study, you can get an annual subscription to KelbyTraining.com for a reasonable price. You can take many, many classes online, on your own time.

Comment

Thanks I will look into these.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
            And, if you want to self study, you can get an annual subscription to KelbyTraining.com for a reasonable price. You can take many, many classes online, on your own time.
            I am a member of Kelbytraining and it is great. Well worth the money. They also do live training in houston a Few times a year, not sure about Central Texas. Lots of discounts and online training.

Comment

What exactly are you wanting to learn?

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                What exactly are you wanting to learn?
                I just purchased my first DSLR camera at the end of September so I want to learn the basics and how to use the features.

Comment

Kelby does workshops in Austin occasionally. Every other year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
                    I just purchased my first DSLR camera at the end of September so I want to learn the basics and how to use the features.
                    I was in the same boat at one time, and I hate to be "old school" but I learned all the basics, and then some, from books. There are literally 100's of great books on photography.

After a few books I borrowed from the library, I got a subscription to Outdoor Photographer magazine. That was a great investment that led to many great images and memorable photography trips over the next 10 years.

Workshops are good, don't get me wrong, but a book is something you can go back to over and over until you get it right.

Comment

Working...
                    X