Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind Controversy

How did TBH get spare the Duck Blind Drama? Here is is in short:

1)A guide builds a duck blind on public water.

2)Somebody tears duck blind down.

3)Guide goes crazy and start crazy stories all over social media.

4)Facebook claims say Operation Game Thief and TP&W are involved.

5)Whole world goes crazy!

The End!

Had someone burn the floor out of a duck blind I had at Lewisville. Not fun falling through when getting in in the dark!

Comment

I built a blind one time for a spot on public land (I know first come first serve). Hunted it a few times and had some of my best shoots, until one morning we got there around 4:30 and someone was already in it. Moved to another spot for that morning. Next trip same thing, same result. Third trip, yup you guessed it...went back that afternoon and cut the legs off and pulled it down. Imagine that persons expression when they went to get in the blind very early to find it removed. I built it in a very remote section that you couldn't get a boat to so I assume some ole boy was shot chasing after we whacked them on multiple hunts and found it, who knows.

Comment

I saw it on TP&w page. I don’t think that’s a false claim. It was built for handicap access. Not sure what point you are making

Comment

TP&W posted on their facebook they're going after whoever did it for hunter harassment charges. They urge you to contact OTG if you know anything

Comment

Blind owner was apparently put in the FB pit of misery about it. But he may have jumped the gun a hair

BS move on whomever cut it down

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
              Not sure what point you are making
              The point is very clear. Their was no thread here about it. Not judging, don't know anything about the fact.

My post here was meant as comical relief that TBH DID not get sucked into the drama!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Blind owner was apparently put in the FB pit of misery about it. But he may have jumped the gun a hair

BS move on whomever cut it down
                Thanks You Sir for seeing it clearly!!

Comment

I worked for a hunting club, blinds on public water, we had padlocks, one morning we had hunters in the blind, asked them to leave, they refused, owner took out his lighter and said he was about to torch the blind if they didn't vacate. Door was still locked, so they exited through the bay brush the same way they came in. If you don't build your own, don't use someone else's unless you have permission. It's really about respecting other people and their efforts.

Comment

We have other issues here:

Fixed / Mechanical
                    HF / LF
                    DD vs vanilla
                    hand corn vs station feed
                    etc.

Comment

38 years of hunting the Texas coast, primarily Rockport and Matagorda. We find a nice spot on the shore or hunt out of a well camouflaged boat. Excellent hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
                        The point is very clear. Their was no thread here about it. Not judging, don't know anything about the fact.

My post here was meant as comical relief that TBH DID not get sucked into the drama!
                        Until you posted something about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
                          I worked for a hunting club, blinds on public water, we had padlocks, one morning we had hunters in the blind, asked them to leave, they refused, owner took out his lighter and said he was about to torch the blind if they didn't vacate. Door was still locked, so they exited through the bay brush the same way they came in. If you don't build your own, don't use someone else's unless you have permission. It's really about respecting other people and their efforts.
                          I thought if the blind was on public water then it's a public blind too?

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ishi&Elvis View Post
                            What about fishing on a brush pile that you didn't put out? Where do you draw the line?

Comment

I guess it could be, but it was about to go up in flames, so they had a choice. Stay or leave, they chose to leave. It was a good choice, I don't think the boss was kidding. I would never hunt out of someone else's blind, I don't care if it was on public land or not. It's about respect. Build your own, hunt your own, take care of your own.

Comment

Working...
                              X