Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treestand Accident

Did a quick search on here from the phone and didnt see it posted yet, but,
    Let this be a reminder to always be tied into your tree from the moment you leave the ground.
    Terry Drury fell 17 feet when his tree step shifted. He broke ribs, a vertebrae, his ankle, and bruised a lung.
    Hes lucky to still be alive. Stay safe folks and make it back home to your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's lucky it wasn't worse. Stay safe out there!

Comment

Happened to me.....lucky to be here.

Comment

ALWAYS tie off!!! Glad he wasn't hurt worse..

Comment

Admitting that at 40 Ive only been wearing a harness for the last 2 seasons. However, Im not in a tree stand without one now

Comment

Been there, not fun. Luckily my only injuries were a busted up forehead and a sore back for a couple months. Knocked me out a while and thought I was paralyzed when I came too. I will never be caught in a tree without a harness again.

Comment

Never wear one but willing to accept the consequences for not. However I never hunt from lock on stands anymore and I'm pretty careful about securing my ladder stands.

Comment

Unexpectedly lost my grandfather 5 years ago at a very healthy 71 years of age by him falling out of a 12’ ladder stand. Basically lost a grandmother too since she can not recover from his death.

We all rely on harnesses now when getting elevated in a tree. Unfortunately, we all learned our lesson the hard way.

Comment

Last two seasons and I never wore one. Till it shifted on me and scared the crap out of me. Now, never climb one without a harness.

Comment

Gonna have to start wearing in had a brother tell me he would stop talking to me if I didn't wear 1, the choice was easy love him too much to not wear one!!!!!!

Comment

He knows better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        Never wear one but willing to accept the consequences for not. However I never hunt from lock on stands anymore and I'm pretty careful about securing my ladder stands.

Ask your family if they are willing to accept the consequences. Smh

Skinny

Comment

For your family/kids sake I sure hope you don't fall. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Kinda like saying you never practice firearm safety but you're willing to accept the consequences for not.

Comment

Never buckle my seat belt, but willing to accept the consequences of a drunk driver hitting me... I'm pretty careful about holding on to the wheel really tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It doesn't even have to be a tall stand either.
                              My Dad was in his 70's, and almost died after hanging upside down for several hours when his foot slipped between the rungs of an eight foot ladder going up into his box blind. With no strength to pull himself up with his leg caught, he hung there for what must have seemed like an eternity.
                              He went for an afternoon hunt, and somehow lost his footing climbing into the stand, and when he didn't return after dark, he was finally found by the neighbor who went looking for him.
                              By the Grace of God, he didn't suffer any serious injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X