Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie "Noah" and the Talking 20 ft Rocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie "Noah" and the Talking 20 ft Rocks?

Was wondering what the talking rocks who help build the ark were all about?? And also, the significance of the snake skin Noah wrapped around his arm at end. I had a lot of people tell me to not go see the movie. So I went to go see the movie.I figure, how can a comment on something that I have not actually seen. I Did not expect a biblically accurate account but expected what it is ...a Hollywood movie. One thing the movie NOAH has done, is get back in the scriptures to find out more about Noah. that is good! There are some pretty cool scenes, but its more like a NOAH meets Transformer Rocks than anything else.

Its not based off the biblical account at all. It's actually based off the Kabbalah, which is Gnostic.

In Darren Aronofsky’s new star-gilt silver screen epic, Noah , Adam and Eve are luminescent and fleshless, right up until the moment they eat the forbidden fruit. Such a notion isn’t found in the Bible, of course. This, among the multitude of Aronofsky’s other imaginative details like giant Lava

Comment

Strictly entertainment. Take it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
        Its not based off the biblical account at all. It's actually based off the Kabbalah, which is Gnostic Judaism.

http://drbrianmattson.com/journal/20...-for-the-devil
        Funny you posted this guy. I was sent the article before seeing. Truth is, Mattson scares me more than Kabbalah. He is full of it and is more stale than a 60 day open box of saltines.

Comment

Its possible, but I think he pegged the movie for what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
            Its possible, but I think he pegged the movie for what it was.
            Naaaaa......The movie has opened up a lot of doors with people wanting to know more about Noah. When they read the scriptures they find out whats true and whats imagination. Darren Aronofsky(writer/producer of Noah) is not a theologian, nor does he claim to be. He is a filmmaker and a storyteller, and in Noah, he has told a compelling story. The film expresses biblical themes of good and evil; sin and redemption; justice and mercy. It is a creative interpretation of the scriptural account that allows us to imagine the deep struggles Noah may have wrestled with as he answered God's call on his life. There is good in the movie and fantasy.....alot of fantasy.

Comment

I heard the bible app saw a 150% increase in downloads following the movie's release so hopefully it's spurring a few folks on to see for themselves.

Comment

Waitin on the "Nutt Jobs" to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Waitin on the "Nutt Jobs" to show up.

and they will!!!
                  hard to argue with how the movie has more people getting into the scriptures as Leon County has stated.

Comment

Some folks just don't allow much latitude when it comes to this sort of thing.

If they wanted to be Biblically accurate they would have had to dig up Hume Cronyn ( see Cocoon) and age him forward about 400 or so years so he could play a 500+ year old Noah. Yep, this would have outsold the Gladiator Russell Crowe.....

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                      Some folks just don't allow much latitude when it comes to this sort of thing.

If they wanted to be Biblically accurate they would have had to dig up Hume Cronyn ( see Cocoon) and age him forward about 400 or so years so he could play a 500+ year old Noah. Yep, this would have outsold the Gladiator Russell Crowe.....

If they wanted to be uptight biblically accurate they couldn't go of the King James Version either.

Ok I know I know. I'm goin to Hellllll! Lmao!

Comment

According to three major Bible sources, the new film "Noah" is making people want to research the real story.

Comment

The non believer in this instance may actually be "used" to send others in the right direction if they study for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by VorTexan View Post
                            The non believer in this instance may actually be "used" to send others in the right direction if they study for themselves.

However it has to take place. As said, the Big Man works in Mysterious ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              If they wanted to be uptight biblically accurate they couldn't go of the King James Version either.

Ok I know I know. I'm goin to Hellllll! Lmao!
                              I drive by a church once a week that has on it's readerboad sign,, "King James preached here".

I somewhat chuckle thinking to myself ..Hmm. I think I would rather read "God's WORD preached here".

Really?

Comment

Working...
                              X