Apex Gear- broken sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apex Gear- broken sight

Sitting in the blind for the first time all year and my bow sight breaks. It is an Apex Gear 4 pin sight. Any one else had trouble with Apex?

Guess i know what i will be doing this afternoon.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1351945973512.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	24933075

I dont own Apex. Sorry this happened at this moment. Hope you get back in the field later today.

Comment

That is a fairly common failure. I remember reading a thread in the equipment section of it happening twice to the same person.

Apparently he got replacements pretty fast so their CS is pretty good I guess.

Comment

Will post more pictures later.

The only thing keeping me sane is that the deer aren't moving.

Comment

My apex sight broke two weeks ago. Not where yours did though.

Comment

More pictures. Replaced it with a spot hogg.
            Attached Files

Comment

Imo you'll be happier with the spot hogg anyway- i've put mine thru the ringer and its still kickin'.

Comment

I had one for a little while. No issues as far as breaking or anything. I just replaced it with the G5 Rock.

Comment

I stripped 3 out of 4 pins when I first got my Apex. Barley even tightened them. They sent me replacements and 2 of those stripped as well and I was careful. I'll be switching to Spot Hogg or G5 next season.

Comment

Originally posted by txyz View Post
                    I stripped 3 out of 4 pins when I first got my Apex. Barley even tightened them. They sent me replacements and 2 of those stripped as well and I was careful. I'll be switching to Spot Hogg or G5 next season.
                    I really like my G5 Rock. It's a stout sight. It's a tad hefty, but not too extreme. Threw a rheostat light on it and it's money. I really like the micro adjust elevation/windage/sight pin adjustment knobs too

Comment

Got 2 Apex sights and haven't had a problem yet--they were on sale at less than $40 when I was shopping-

Not sure I could choke down a Spot Hogg at their prices though-

Comment

Working...
                      X