Any woodturners on the greenscreen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any woodturners on the greenscreen?

I just started woodturning, I am just about finished with my first bowl. Just curious if anyone else here turns wood.

Medic911 turns some nice calls.

Comment

I dabble ... no bowls yet, though!

Comment

I would like to, but I have too many other hobbies and I keep finding other tools I need. I had been looking at lathes, but I just bought a bandsaw instead. Please post pics along the way and when you are done.

Comment

I also dabble in it too...I've done some basic chess pieces & some other things...looking to start making some calls though...

Comment

Originally posted by EEBowHunter View Post
            I also dabble in it too...I've done some basic chess pieces & some other things...looking to start making some calls though...
            One of the things, on my bucket list, is to make a complete chess set ... ebony and ivory pieces with a walnut and maple board (maybe mesquite and pecan). The wood is cheap (locally) and I've found a place online to buy the ivory. Just a quick estimate ... $1500 should cover the ivory!

Yes, one day, it will be mine!

Comment

I dabble and have made some nice stuff. I got a wood lathe for my High School graduation present in 1989.

Comment

Show us some pics of your lathes.

Comment

I don't have any pics of my lathe yet. But I have started a blog detailing my woodturning projects.

woodturnin.blogspot.com

I have eleven posts so far and lots more pictures. Sorry for the delay.
                  Last edited by wbhinton; 11-01-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

you make some beautiful pieces

Comment

I have a big wood lathe sitting in the back of the barn. Built it about 15 years ago. made a few bowls. Some pretty decent. Been wanting to drag it out and do something with it for a few years, but havent. Oh well, it will be there when I get around to it.

Comment

Done a few goblets, bowls, lamps, bottle stoppers and turned a leg for my couch.

Comment

I mess around with it a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by wbhinton View Post
                            I don't have any pics of my lathe yet. But I have started a blog detailing my woodturning projects.

woodturnin.blogspot.com

I have eleven posts so far and lots more pictures. Sorry for the delay.
                            That second bowl you turned is Goncalo Alves wood. FYI

I just sell exotic woods to people that do turn..

Comment

I just started a couple months ago, all I've made so far is a few turkey calls. Working on a goblet right now. Hope to try a bowl pretty soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X