No announcement yet.

.300 Blackout Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about as cheap as you are going to get and I've had super luck with the Remington 120 grain open tip. I used this ammo originally because my first .300blk upper I bought came with about 6-8 boxes of it. I had a super success but knew it was cheap ammo so when I ran out it was recommended I switch to the Hornady 110gr ballistic tip ammo. My success was less than desirable to say the least and as much as I shoot, I just couldn't justify $30/box for some of the high end ammo because I buy ammo by the case. I switched back to the Remington again and I have no been disappointed. If I get to where I lose faith in the Remington I'll have to move up to something more expensive, but I've dropped a bunch of hogs in their tracks with it, so I'm very pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      It's about as cheap as you are going to get and I've had super luck with the Remington 120 grain open tip. I used this ammo originally because my first .300blk upper I bought came with about 6-8 boxes of it. I had a super success but knew it was cheap ammo so when I ran out it was recommended I switch to the Hornady 110gr ballistic tip ammo. My success was less than desirable to say the least and as much as I shoot, I just couldn't justify $30/box for some of the high end ammo because I buy ammo by the case. I switched back to the Remington again and I have no been disappointed. If I get to where I lose faith in the Remington I'll have to move up to something more expensive, but I've dropped a bunch of hogs in their tracks with it, so I'm very pleased.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/11...base-box-of-20

Inquiring minds want to know which 300BLK ammo you were using when the Kraken was released:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_py-vhXMHM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_py-vhXMHM[/ame]

Comment

My cousin has been laying down Axis and Hogs with Winchester 150gr ballistic tip 300 BO. It is supersonic, but using a AAC SD 762 can out of a Ruger American Ranch. Many swear by the Barnes TTX and a good reason for that. It is a reliable bullet.

Comment

One last question can you shoot sub sonic ammo without suppresion?

Comment

Originally posted by kennyelp View Post
            One last question can you shoot sub sonic ammo without suppresion?
            Yes

Comment

Armscor offers an A-Max for the 300 blackout that's pretty cheap. I'd imagine it'd do just fine.

I wasn't very impressed with Hornady V-Max on hogs. I shot two in the head with them and they were still breathing when I walked up to them. Had several get away with hits to the body. Remington Hog Hammer is a good hog bullet but they do ricochet quite often. Punching completely through a hog isn't a problem with those bullets.

Comment

I shoot the Remington 120gr OTFBs on the range and Barnes 120gr Tac-TX for practical applications. They shoot very similarly out to 100 yards and the Remingtons are half the price. This allows for more range time. The big difference is that the Barnes bullets group tighter and have better terminal performance on tissue. During the last season, I've seen 5 deer dropped with that Barnes round and I wouldn't hesitate to use them going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

Inquiring minds want to know which 300BLK ammo you were using when the Kraken was released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_py-vhXMHM
                  Reasonable question. Hornady in that video. I'll give the ammo 25% of the blame but 75% goes to that being a mean son of gun.

Here are a two minor examples of what I'm getting out of the Remington, I have a lot more than haven't been posted to YT.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c2MCjQXocw"]Earshot on Hog with Pulsar Trail XP50 Thermal Rifle Scope - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sud7_u8esS4"]Sightmark Photon RT First Hog Kill - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I will be in this same boat around the first of the year. Just started the process for an sbr in 300.

Comment

When trying to shoot both sub sonic and regular ammo do you have to have 2 different scopes or zero? I'm new to the .300 Blackout round.

Comment

When trying to shoot both sub sonic and regular ammo do you have to have 2 different scopes or zero? I'm new to the .300 Blackout round.
                        Im sure should be the same as any other time you change ammo from what your zero is set at.
                        Last edited by justintyme8303; 03-20-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I have the eotech 300 BLK sight that has two dots. I beleive its exactly the Same as the EXPS 2 sight but with the 300blk reticle stampled on the outside. I found them both for the same price so went with the 300blk model.

Sight in the top dot at 100 yards and the bottom dot hits at 300. With subs the top dot will hit 50yrds and the bottom dot will hit 150. Part of the reason I shoot the Hornady 110gr and 220gr rounds is because that's what I read the sight was built around. I haven't shot subs long range but can easily ping the 300yrd target after sighting in at 100yrds with supers. I hunt using supers and a can.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_py-vhXMHM
                            Remind me not to use that ammo

Comment

For target, I use the Freedom Muntions VMax round. Very accurate & affordable. For hunting, I like the Barnes 110Gr

Comment

The most effective hunting Bullet by far is the 110 grain Barnes TAC TX black tip bullets.

For shooting paper or steel it really doesn’t matter much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X