No announcement yet.

Finally!!!! First bow kill!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really earned that buck, man! Very nice rack, to boot! Congrats on great tenacity and a wonderful pay-off!

Comment

Heck yea. Congrats bud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        Alright you heathens, here is the update. I got him as close as I could to the trail. But he’s still a long long long long ways with several ravines and draws to cross. Left him and came to the truck. Getting the working tools to break this guy down and pack his arse out! Also, fired up the pocket rocket stove and made me some dinner. Haven’t eaten all day so I hit a dam wall. Gotta get the energy back. Guess you guys want a photo huh....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        yeah, bring it! Where I hunt would be the same situation, mainly up hill.
        Congrats, looks like it was worth the work! post pics ........... !

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          yeah, bring it! Where I hunt would be the same situation, mainly up hill.
          Congrats, looks like it was worth the work! post pics ........... !
          OK, just refreshed and saw them. Looks like a nice old buck. By the river?

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Alright, finally out of the woods. Good lord I have mucho respect for you guys that pull elk off a mountain.....

Anyone that says drag it to the truck. HA! No way no how this one gets drug to anywhere. Took everything I had to get him a short distance. He just had to die in the bottom of a ravine. Left him there and walked 35 mins back to the truck. Traded the bow and pack out for a bigger backpack, knife set, some rope, para cord, and water. Hiked back in and went to work. Got him quartered, capes and back straps out. Stuffed shoulders and backstrap in the pack. Rolled his hide like a sleeping bag and tied it up tight. Then fastened that to his horns. Tied his head and cape to the top of the backpack, threw one hind leg over each shoulder and started the walk. Let me tell you, I am going to hurt for a week after that. I need a better pack for this. Lol. Slowly but surely, with both calves, quads, hip flexors, and fore arms cramping, I made it to the truck!!!
              HOME FREE!!!!

Well, not really. Had to cal road side assistance. Battery in the truck is dead..... what da hell!

Comment

Nice bucks, looks like all those hrs in the stand payed off.

Comment

Congrats on the kill. Thats a heck of a buck and it sounds like you earned it! Hopefully roadside hooked you up and you got back to your tent safely after that long night.

But ya man, get you a harness. Heck ill order one and send it to your house if need be. Dumb to hunt in a tree without one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations. You earned that buck.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                      Congrats on the kill. Thats a heck of a buck and it sounds like you earned it! Hopefully roadside hooked you up and you got back to your tent safely after that long night.

But ya man, get you a harness. Heck ill order one and send it to your house if need be. Dumb to hunt in a tree without one.

Man that’s an awe fully kind gesture. Spent a few long days 25’ up with the tree swaying. Sure will make the ole hiney hole picker up. Forgoing the tent tonight. Headed to the future in laws an hour and a half away for a hot shower and a soft bed. Then back home. I am freaking beat. But it was worth it! I will always remember this one. Learned a lot in the last couple of weeks. Some do’s and a lot of donts!

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                        OK, just refreshed and saw them. Looks like a nice old buck. By the river?

I bet this guy is 3.5 years old. No more than 4.5 tops.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          Man that’s an awe fully kind gesture. Spent a few long days 25’ up with the tree swaying. Sure will make the ole hiney hole picker up. Forgoing the tent tonight. Headed to the future in laws an hour and a half away for a hot shower and a soft bed. Then back home. I am freaking beat. But it was worth it! I will always remember this one. Learned a lot in the last couple of weeks. Some do’s and a lot of donts!

After that a bed will feel much better! Lol.

Pm me info if you need me to send you a harness.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats on a great first bow buck.

Comment

Stud first buck! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X