sbr/pistol 300blk accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what sort of accuracy do y'all get with your 10.5 or shorter barrels say at 100 yards? I am working on mine and want to know what I can expect.

ive got an 8.5 barrel. i get about 3-4 inch groups at 100 yds with cheap subsonic reloads. with the sig 110 gr ammo i get 2.5-3 inch groups

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

My 10.5 sbr will hold one inch groups if I do my part shooting the 110 Barnes.

Comment

Barrel length has nothing to do with accuracy. Find a load that yours likes and you'll be fine.

Comment

I get sub moa groups out of my 8.5" but it took a few tries to find a bullet it liked.

Comment

If using at least a 4x scope I'd say 1 moa should be attainable and surely 2-3 moa would get the job done.

I'm wanting to do an sbr with a 5 inch Thunderbeast one day but can decide between a 223 and a 300bo. I'd really like to do a 65 Grendel but hear it doesn't do well in an sbr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a pistol but 8” SBR @ 300 yards with 110 Barnes TAC-TX handloads. Scope used Leupold VX6 1-6.

Disregard high shot. Dialed in too much the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's all about the barrel quality
                Ammunition
                Optics

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
                  I get sub moa groups out of my 8.5" but it took a few tries to find a bullet it liked.
                  what barrel and what load? thats much better than ive been able to get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                    My 10.5 sbr will hold one inch groups if I do my part shooting the 110 Barnes.
                    Same for me

Comment

I have a 9" AAC upper on one of my SBR lowers with a Geissle trigger. It will shoot good ammo at about 1moa using my thermal shooting folded hand warmers. I have not had a regular scope on it in years but I think it would be solid .75 with some ammo testing. The AAC chamber seems to shoot most rounds well.

That upper is a few years old so I am not sure if the parts are the same as what they are selling now.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Sons of Liberty Gunworks 9" 300 blk SBR. I don't shoot it much and haven't tried to load for it at all. 1-1.5" groups with cheap stuff. I don't need anything more than that for what I do with it. Stupid round falls on its face in no time anyway haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Not a pistol but 8” SBR @ 300 yards with 110 Barnes TAC-TX handloads. Scope used Leupold VX6 1-6.

Disregard high shot. Dialed in too much the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          I need that load data. Got a 8.5” noveske and wanna work a load up for it for varmint season. Have you heard anything about the be 190 gr. Hornady subsonic they are coming out with in 18’

Comment

I can get close to sub-moa with an $80.00 barrel using 110gr barnes ttsx. But I'm sure thats just a lucky purchase. That being said, you won't get any more accuracy out of a 16" than you will out of a 10", all else equal.

Comment

I'm pretty frustrated with my 300BLK SBR. Ballistic Advantage Premium 8.3" shoots 3MOA at 100 yards with the Barnes 110gr. I haven't tried any other hunting rounds yet since I have so much of the Barnes left over. It's still minute-of-hog but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X