X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooke/Montague

Anyone seeing rutting activity?
    I’m just not seeing it yet.
    Anyone in far north Texas have any reports?

My gf shot a really good buck Sunday. He wasn't running a doe but he smelled to high heaven and came in and pushed a few around.

Comment

Cooke/Montague

Nope. My bro in law is hunting all day today at the ranch. Hope he has something to report. South of Forestburg.

Skinny
      Last edited by Skinny; 11-08-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Had one on cam following 2 does. I am betting it breaks loose here in the next week.

Comment

Found some scrapes over there Sunday (Montague), but only seeing hogs.....

Comment

I'm just a little south of you. Only the young bucks seemed interested over the weekend but, I bet it'll get fired up any day.

Comment

I have a place on the north side of Lake Ray Roberts and a place up on the Red River in Sivells Bend.
              Seeing lots of fresh scrapes and rubs but not many mature bucks making appearances yet. Does and young bucks seem to be operating like normal.
              Maybe today’s cold/rainy weather will get some blood flowing in them big boys.

Comment

FireNguns......
                I just lost my place in Mntg. Any openings on EITHER of your places, lol?

Both are excellent locations! Be hard to choose which one to sit.......

Comment

A switch flipped for me on oct 31

Comment

Had 2 bucks come by @640 a.m. on the move.. Shot a Boar about 700. Also had a coyote pass by. Been having hogs, sounders and several boars,nightly.. First 2 bucks after 5 sits since opening morning at 2 places. Hunted in the rain till 945 a.m. Going back for a afternoon sit after rain passes. Its gettn time
                    Last edited by krod777; 11-08-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

My buddy is in Forestburg. He didn’t mention any rutting when we talked.

Comment

I'm in North Wise County and haven't seen any activity yet. The peak here is usually around Thanksgiving, so it should start ramping up any day.

Comment

I watched this buck hounding a doe yesterday morning in northern Wise County. He chased her all over a big field for about 30 minutes. He ended up walking right in front of my ladder stand at the opposite end of the field from where I was sitting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Big 9 pt. (Copy).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	24518284

Comment

Were 25 miles west of Wichita Falls and 20 miles from Oklahoma. Nothing to report rut wise yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                              I have a place on the north side of Lake Ray Roberts and a place up on the Red River in Sivells Bend.
                              Seeing lots of fresh scrapes and rubs but not many mature bucks making appearances yet. Does and young bucks seem to be operating like normal.
                              Maybe today’s cold/rainy weather will get some blood flowing in them big boys.
                              Same except I've had 2 mature bucks hit the same community scrape 1 time a piece. Second one pestered the does but they weren't ready from what I can tell on TC pics.

I've been driving around in the mornings before work and I've seen no real rutting activity outside of young bucks messing with does.

Comment

Working...
                              X