Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in!!! Let us know what you find!!

Comment

Not big on taking shots like that, when not having the right equipment, just slinging lead to sling it doesn't make sense to me. Hope he's dead, and not just crippled up!
      Good Luck!

Comment

Hope you find him, one way or another.
        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 10-26-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Wow hope yall find him! Looking forward to pics

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
            Not big on taking shots like that, when not having the right equipment, just slinging lead to sling it doesn't make sense to me. Hope he's dead, and not just crippled up!
            Good Luck!
            Gonna head to look in a bit.

I've made further shots. I've got the equipment and the knowledge and skill to do so. I figured the long range haters would love that one. I couldn't care less lol. I'm pretty sure dad hit him. He spun at a shot. These aren't texas whitetails at a feeder 100 yards away. Some people actually can make those shots believe it or not . My furthest is 1818 in a 20 mph wind

Comment

Good luck this morning, Matt! Kill that big 7x7 on the way to recover your dad's bull.

Comment

Hope y’all find him before the weather hits this afternoon. Looks is like it is going to be “Brisk” in the morning

Comment

I will be hunting one last time tonight. Didn't see much at all this morning.

Comment

shot

Not hating, just talking about what you said. Again, hope yall find him dead!
                    Good Luck!
                    Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Hell of a night. Me and a guide hiked way way up high. New ranch to us. Very heavy timber. The hike sucked haha. My dad and another guide sat way off across from us. About a mile. I glassed up a solid 5x5 about an hour before dark. Called dads guide and they made a move. We got to watch the whole thing go down. Bull walked out for him at 435 yards. He is not a long range shooter. Nor did he have an optic that was able to dial. He had the backup gun of mine because he dropped the 300 I let him borrow 2 days ago and busted the focus knob on my vx6 haha. So his current gun has a 2-12 vx6. Long shot for sure with that set up. He shot at the bull 4 times. Clean miss 2 times. We thought one hit for sure. So did they but no blood. Here's the interesting part. I saw the bull walk another 200 yards and started to go into the brush. I ranged him already when he came out there at 1600. So I said NOPE I'm gonna fk'n send it!! I shot once and knew I held low. Second shot felt good. 10.5 mils elevation and .5 wind. They think I hit him too. I couldn't tell as I was recovering from recoil shooting at a hard angle. Since no blood was found and it was dark we backed out. We will go look again in the morning. I hope like hell he gets that bull. Even if I hit him I'll tell him it's his shot that did it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's stay on topic. I'm not getting into a range debate.

Comment

I will be hunting one last time tonight. Didn't see much at all this morning.
                        We haven’t either. BIL saw a couple cows but that was it

Comment

What an incredible hunt at least you finally spotted what you were after and got a shot off. Good luck on the rest of your hunt I hope you find your bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                            We haven’t either. BIL saw a couple cows but that was it
                            It's been crazy slow. Elk bedding up within the first hour of light. Not many deer seen. Just strange.

Comment

I did get pretty close to this little buck. Got some great pics of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                                1600? Yards?
                                I was thinking that as well.

Originally posted by junior View Post
                                Good Luck!
                                Totally agree.

Gonna head to look in a bit.

I've made further shots. I've got the equipment and the knowledge and skill to do so. I figured the long range haters would love that one. I couldn't care less lol. I'm pretty sure dad hit him. He spun at a shot. These aren't texas whitetails at a feeder 100 yards away. Some people actually can make those shots believe it or not . My furthest is 1818 in a 20 mph wind
                                So, what I am hearing is that you have made a kill on an animal that would rank in the top 10 longest recorded sniper kills in military history. Approximately 300 yards shorter than Chris Kyle (RIP) and 50 yards further than Reichert's confirmed kill. Man, I need to go shooting with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X