Traveling from RGV to Hot Springs AR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling from RGV to Hot Springs AR...

What's the better route? both are in the 11 to 12.5 hr 750mile range...I'm just wondering about construction on I35 or should I hug the coast then aim for Texarkana? What say the "Snowbirds" in that area??
    Thanks
    Forgot to mention...leaving in July...

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
    What's the better route? both are in the 11 to 12.5 hr 750mile range...I'm just wondering about construction on I35 or should I hug the coast then aim for Texarkana? What say the "Snowbirds" in that area??
    Thanks
    Forgot to mention...leaving in July...
    What part of the RGV you traveling to?

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
      What part of the RGV you traveling to?
      FROM RGV...TO Hot Springs

Comment

Construction from Belton to West can be a real pain. Narrow and crooked lanes. Any little problem can be a large delay. Most areas have very limited ways to exit and not many routs to get around it especially with an RV

Comment

Suck it up and take 35 to DFW. Make sure you take the toll road around Austin. It's not a pretty drive, but it's your best bet.

Comment

You can take 35 and drive a long ways at 70mph, or hug the coast and drive less of a distance, but at 50mph average. Been on this trip a dozen times or so myself. 59 needs to be a 4 lane hwy.

Comment

Where at in Hot Springs? Know you way there once on 30 past Texarkana?

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                Suck it up and take 35 to DFW. Make sure you take the toll road around Austin. It's not a pretty drive, but it's your best bet.
                bingo. Use Waze for traffic and police reports.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  Where at in Hot Springs? Know you way there once on 30 past Texarkana?
                  119 Cedarglade Road, Hot Springs, AR
                  found it on AirBNB...I used to live in Jacksonville long ago for a couple years before I joined the AirForce...just want to show the wife and kiddos the Ozarks and Lake Quachita, different rivers etc...pretty place to stay though...

Comment

You can try and time your driving on I-35 to be in the wee hours of the morning and avoid a lot of idiots. I would also recommend that as you get closer to Hot Springs, if someone tells you to take Scenic 7 Highway because it's so beautiful, just go ahead and kick 'em in the gut because it'll add a lot of time to your trip, even if it is a beautiful drive.

Comment

7 isn't bad, you should have seen it back in the 70's. We alternate between 7 and 270, if 7 we cut off on 290 and go by the fish hatchery rather than staying on 7 into town.

Comment

Working...
                      X