2016 Ford Excursion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Ford Excursion

Did Ford produce a 2016 Ford Excursion? I saw this photo last week on a FB post from Erica Rico here in Houston. Wednesday I was having lunch at Rudy's and another pulled up at the gas pump. It was awesome looking and I did not get a pic of it.

Question is: Why would they come back out with it in the last model year before a body redesign? Doesn't make sense.
    Attached Files

I knew of a couple of Prototypes being built but have seen or heard nothing about production.

Comment

RAD in Garland builds them. Owned by Prestige Ford. They have them at the DSC Show the last couple years.

Comment

No. There areally several companies that are retrofitting the old bodies on new trucks. I am sure some custom shops and body shops are doing some one off ones as well.

Comment

^^^^Yup, found it on her FB that the pic was from Planet Ford where there was a link to RAD.

It's a conversion, skeert to know what that one cost...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBy1SFUz3vI"]Planet Ford Presents Excursion Conversion from RAD-Rides - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Yep. Rad Rides does conversions and Hennessey does a F250 Velociraptor Excursion conversion as well. Not sure about the Rad Excursion, but the Hennessey starts at $160k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Many people are doing these conversions now. I know of one in DFW that does the delete and bulletproofing and rebadge with F250 badging and F250 front end.

Comment

guy in Longview took one of these and put a lift and tires and wheels on it and has is selling it with 15k miles on it. But I'm pretty sure he said the truck brand new with the conversion cost $105k

Comment

Looks like they just swapped the front clip on it. Other than that, its all 1999 in that photo.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                    Looks like they just swapped the front clip on it. Other than that, its all 1999 in that photo.
                    Huh? Do you just say stuff to get more post?

Comment

Some just put a newer F250/350 clip on an older excursion but many are new trucks that are retrofitted to older Excursions. This guy does nice work http://www.customautosbytim.com/
                      Last edited by Blast-n-cast; 02-24-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X