No announcement yet.

VW TDI Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Jetta with 140k miles and will be turned in on March 7th for $18,000. You are limited on mileage once you agree to the settlement. If you go over on mileage which is about 1000 miles a month from the time you agree to the buyback. If you go over and are getting a check at the dealer the appointment will be canceled and rescheduled. I would advise for bank draft. This option will allow the amount to be adjusted + or - due to mileage allowance. VW has nothing to do with the appointment as its being handled by a 3rd party. If you decide to keep your car and do the settlement you will have a 2 part fix. The first will be a reprogram of the computer and a portion of the $ will be sent to you. The second will be a as of now DPF filter replacement and the balance will be sent at this time. If you take the settlement you will have a emission warranty extension to 180k miles. I was gonna keep mine but $18,000 for a car with 140k???

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
      What's wrong with yours that you don't like it?
      I did have my A/C compressor go out about 5 years ago on my 2009 Jetta TDI. Other than that I love the car. 202,000 miles and still running strong. I am keeping mine and MAYBE hand it down to my oldest son in a year or so.
      Not so much the vehicle as the huge ding we took in value because of the scandal. The car drives great but there are several small things we don't like about it and Audi service is freaking terrible!!!. Wife would rather have a root canal than take her car to the dealership. I have been with her a few times and its pretty chaotic. Plus, we just had another kid and needed a bigger vehicle. 2 adults, 2 small kids and a big dog just isn't enough room. We were working a deal on a new Yukon when the news broke on the scandal. They were going to give us $49k in trade then they called us back and said $25k so we have been sitting on it to see what happens. Naturally a buyback would be ideal for us. We won't have to try to sell it and nobody is going to give us what its really worth so buyback is the only way to go for us.
      Last edited by Rex; 02-24-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Anyone plan to opt-out? Just trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Comment

My daughter in law just went thru the long and drawn out process BUT the are scheduled to return the car this month. VW is paying off her note (5K) and stroking her a check for 11K. I don't know the year or miles of the car but they got a fair deal I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
            Not so much the vehicle as the huge ding we took in value because of the scandal. The car drives great but there are several small things we don't like about it and Audi service is freaking terrible!!!. Wife would rather have a root canal than take her car to the dealership. I have been with her a few times and its pretty chaotic. Plus, we just had another kid and needed a bigger vehicle. 2 adults, 2 small kids and a big dog just isn't enough room. We were working a deal on a new Yukon when the news broke on the scandal. They were going to give us $49k in trade then they called us back and said $25k so we have been sitting on it to see what happens. Naturally a buyback would be ideal for us. We won't have to try to sell it and nobody is going to give us what its really worth so buyback is the only way to go for us.
            I'm almost certain Audi is required by law to pay the fair market value of the car as it was the day before the scandal hit. My boss has a Q7 that he paid like 50k for, and is going to get that out of it because they froze the value in the settlement.

Comment

Have y'all gotten your paperwork yet explaining the 3.0? They froze values of the cars back to sept 2015.

We are in the same boat as Rex, gonna get a bigger one and then now we are stuck paying the note on this till they figure it out.

Comment

We are opting to go the fix route but still waiting for one to be made. 2013 Sportwagen.

Comment

Got our appt today to turn in the Passat. 4/5 she goes bye bye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I filled out the paper work for a fix, but the longer they take to come out with one the more i thinking selling it back is a better idea. 2012 Passat

Comment

So here's a question that the lawyers won't answer about the settlement. Are the monies we get back taxable? Do we have to pay on our tax filing?

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                        So here's a question that the lawyers won't answer about the settlement. Are the monies we get back taxable? Do we have to pay on our tax filing?
                        I havent been able to find an answer to this question anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
                          I havent been able to find an answer to this question anywhere

Comment

Thanks rex

Comment

Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
                              My wife has a 2005 with 170,000 miles on it that still gets 45 mpg and has been a great car. And I probably couldn't get 2k for it now. Drive it till the wheels fall off.

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                              Same here. 2005 with 170,000 miles on it. Still an awesome car even though it has virtually no resale value. We bought it intending to wear it out so the resale value is not a concern. We paid a premium to get a car that could exceed 500,000 miles, might as well use it even though it gets boring driving the same car forever.

The recall won't affect y'all. Your cars are older than the ones with the recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just got my paperwork for the buyback. Wife and i decided we had enough waiting around for a fix. Getting about 23k$ back of which about 6k$ goes to the credit union.

Comment

Working...
                                X