Camera case for travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera case for travel

My father, daughter and I are going on a black bear hunt in BC in the spring 2016. I want to take my Canon 70D with me and we are flying up there. Austin - Las Vegas - Calgary - Fort Saint John. All of my travels have been road trips in the past and I haven't had a problem just using my camera backpack. For those of you traveling by air and had to take your camera and gear with you, what case did you use? Did you check it or did you carry on? I'm going to have a lot of luggage with two rifles, bow, and suitcases.

Any travel tips would be great. I have applied for passports already. My daughter won this trip so her hunt is free but its a trip of a lifetime and my and my father are taking her up there.

My camera backpack has always been my carry-on. I really didn't want them throwing my camera around. On a trip of a lifetime you're going to want to take plenty of pictures.

If that's not an option I would suggest a pelican case. Some have the foam insert you can make to fit your camera and lenses. They're pretty tuff.
    Last edited by billinkb; 09-22-2015, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I don't have any specific recommendations, but I would consider looking for a waterproof camera bag.

Comment

I carry mine on every time.

Comment

Carry on. United always allowed a carry on and a personal item so I had a camera backpack and my laptop in a messenger bag.

Comment

I will likely will be carrying it on the plane with me. Thanks!

Comment

The thinktank bags are nice. I recently picked up a lowepro flipside 450aw and like it.

Comment

Originally posted by swanjts View Post
                I carry mine on every time.
                X2

Comment

Working...
                X