6v or 12v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6v or 12v

Wanting to build a new feeder and wanted to ask what is the most used motor and timer... is the acadamy stuff worth buying..

Originally posted by Lonestar88 View Post
    Wanting to build a new feeder and wanted to ask what is the most used motor and timer... is the acadamy stuff worth buying..
    I use 12v motors and "the timer". Imo the timer is the best timer out there. Never had much luck with the cheap timers.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter06 View Post
      i use 12v motors and "the timer". Imo the timer is the best timer out there. Never had much luck with the cheap timers.

Comment

deer don't know volts and amps! they just want corn on the ground! 6. 12. ? up to you

Comment

If I were building one from scratch I would go 12v. As stated 6v will work well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
            I use 12v motors and "the timer". Imo the timer is the best timer out there. Never had much luck with the cheap timers.
            This. Nothing worse than the feeder not going off.

Comment

12 volt. Will never go back to a 6 v

Comment

12 volt motor is stronger in most cases and will throw farther. I have both and use The timer on most applications 6ea 12v and 4ea 6v If the motors go out I will upgrade to 12 volt motors

Comment

12v motors have 1/4" shafts which can use the Eliminator-type spinner plates which eases your coon problems a good deal. I think there might be an adaptor to use on smaller diameter shafts, but I don't think the 6v motors have the oomph to throw corn as well with the heavy spinner plates.

Comment

I've been using 6v motor and timers from wildgame but I put them in bigger boxes. With a 9 am ph battery and solar panel I haven't had to touch them in a couple years

Comment

Thanks for the info gang, this gives me something to chew on..

Comment

I used to have 7 feeders with 6v motors and timers. I now have 3 feeders with 6v motors and timers and 14 feeders with 12v motors and the timer. Over 8 years I had zero problems with the 6v motors and over 6 years no problems with the Game winner timer you can get at Academy. I had several bad 12v motors and several bad The timer timers since. I don't know if it's the high humidity we have down here that is causing the 12v motors and timers to go bad but they have not been anywhere near as reliable as the 6v motors and game winner timers. My 6v motors throw almost as far as my 12v and the only reason I don't still have 7 feeders with 6v motors and timers is because either the feeder fell apart or I replaced them with a much larger feeder. As you can tell, I personally have had much better luck with the 6v motors and Game winner timer then the 12v motors and The timer timer.

Comment

I run 12v batteries on 9-18v motors. So even when the battery is weak it will still turn the motor and throw corn.

Comment

12!

Comment

12 volt and boss buck motors and timers. Never had luck with the 6 volt timers on my feeders.

Comment

Working...
                              X