Bar J - Exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her Hog. First animal she ever shot

This is "Tina's hog" by Mark on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
    Last edited by bps3040; 06-06-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I'm interested in a axis hunt. The price looked to real good.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
        Why all the PM's ? Thought the whole reason for this forum was for sharing feedback. If you had a problem share it. Good, the Bad, the Ugly...spill the beans.

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
        Agreed

Originally posted by tree stand View Post
        So what if their a sponsor. That's what this page is for.

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
        PM = Only bad things to say...

To sum everything up, I won't go back. To much flip flop for me, get told one thing then when your there that's when everything changes. It does have a nice place to hang out for a weekend though and some good fishing and lots of pigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone else want to talk about the ranch? When I did a search most everything I found was positive. I'm looking for a place to take my son on a ram hunt. The lodging looks nice and sounds like the bow blinds are good to.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
            Anyone else want to talk about the ranch? When I did a search most everything I found was positive. I'm looking for a place to take my son on a ram hunt. The lodging looks nice and sounds like the bow blinds are good to.
            Yes your son will get a ram, and a good one at that. he will shoot a pig as well

Comment

We had a good time. My wife got her first bow kills (2 hogs), and I killed a big boar. The place is a target rich environment for sure with hogs and rams. Take your own extra corn because the pigs will eat what little bit the guide throws out in about 15 minutes.
              One of the biggest things I didn't care for was the guide would drop us off at our stands and then literally leave the corn feeder on the truck, on the entire way between stands. I watched all of the good animals that I had "declared", eat corn on every hunt 100+ yards away that the guide slung out on the way to the next stand.

If you take your son and he gets a pig early, be SURE to ask if he can take another. We didn't find out until our last hunt that we all could have killed another pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead1283 View Post
                We had a good time. My wife got her first bow kills (2 hogs), and I killed a big boar. The place is a target rich environment for sure with hogs and rams. Take your own extra corn because the pigs will eat what little bit the guide throws out in about 15 minutes.
                One of the biggest things I didn't care for was the guide would drop us off at our stands and then literally leave the corn feeder on the truck, on the entire way between stands. I watched all of the good animals that I had "declared", eat corn on every hunt 100+ yards away that the guide slung out on the way to the next stand.

If you take your son and he gets a pig early, be SURE to ask if he can take another. We didn't find out until our last hunt that we all could have killed another pig.
                Yeah that would be annoying considering the corn is a bait to get your animals to where you want them, and they corn everywhere....Makes it pretty hard to get on an animal

Comment

the places that corn like like that get paid the same if you kill or not.

Comment

Can anyone provide pictures of the caliber rams on the property?

Comment

Originally posted by cam.t.ellis View Post
                      Can anyone provide pictures of the caliber rams on the property?

I know Justin spies shot a good one there. And when I was there they had some really nice ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im looking at this place myself looks pretty good . Any feedback appreciated

Comment

I hunted there back in Feb. I shot a Texas Dall and an Axis Doe. Passed up opportunities on pigs waiting other critters to get in range. I wish I would have been after blackbuck because I had a couple shooters in range. Nice lodging and plenty of animals. But as said earlier they do feed all over the place after they drop you off. You have to go into a day hunt understanding that the odds are not favorable for everyone to kill, the place would lose money that way. Even so, it was still a little disappointing to hear the feeder going off all over the place when you are the only one on the ranch.

Comment

2 nice blackbucks and both came within 40 yards
                            Attached Files

Comment

The other
                              Attached Files

Comment

My ram, seen bigger later in the hunt
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X