Military recently stationed in SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military recently stationed in SA

Hey guys, I'm Mike. Just got to Texas and am still trying to figure out a place to hunt. I live in San Antonio and from my understanding I've missed the Camp Bullis drawing as well as the TPWD lotteries as well... That being said is there anywhere you guys could recommend semi near to SA for hunting deer/hogs? Thanks!

Have you tried the E-Club for the hogs? Back in the day, it was overrun with them....

Comment

Bexar County Bowhunts in Castroville. Todd is a good guy to deal with! Another TBHer (Twztid) and I, maybe making a trip over there late in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Txcatsailor01 View Post
        Have you tried the E-Club for the hogs? Back in the day, it was overrun with them....
        Some fat sows for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFmike View Post
          Hey guys, I'm Mike. Just got to Texas and am still trying to figure out a place to hunt. I live in San Antonio and from my understanding I've missed the Camp Bullis drawing as well as the TPWD lotteries as well... That being said is there anywhere you guys could recommend semi near to SA for hunting deer/hogs? Thanks!
          TPWD draw hunts are still available for you to draw.

USFS Anterless Deer-Adult due Sept. 29th.
          E-Postcard Archery deer due Oct 1st.
          Gun Mule Deer due Oct 14th
          Archery Exotic due Nov 11th

Hope this helps

Comment

I know its kind of a drive but fort hood is public and very affordable. Depending on your rank it ranges 60$ to 80$ for post access. you can hunt archery or limited range (shotgun and muzzleloader) on your own in a majority of the areas and there are guided rifle hunts every weekend. If you are interested you can send me a message and I will get you any info you need!!

Comment

There's also Amistad NRA. It's not too far west of you.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the Info I'll definately be checking it out right now our plan is to make some trips out to San Angelo state park (3 hrs) and try our hand at some deer unless we can find something closer. What E club are you guys talking about?

Comment

I think I just aged myself.... back in the day the "E Club" (Enlisted Club) was a bar on base for the enlisted ranks. The Camp Pendleton E Club would draw every toothless scraggly heifer from miles around. Hence the term "Hog Hunting". No license required.

Comment

LOL I knew what E club was, I just thought you knew some little known hunting place haha

Comment

Working...
                    X