Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
    cant wait to be blinded
    same here. Wish I had some KCs on a light bar of my truck roof to fight back with.

Comment

I leveled my 18 2500 and the lights would blind people. All u do is pop the hood and behind the headlights r the adjustment screws. Just give it a couple turns to bring them back down to stock height and good to go

Comment

Inconsiderate or just plain dumb, gotta be one or the other

If your getting flashed, something is not right with YOUR SETUP, you are affecting others ability to drive safely. People pass hundreds of cars a day, they aren't flashing every one of them, so obviously YOUR SETUP isn't right.

It's brightness AND aiming, not one or the other. I could get an airport spotlight and aim it "same as stock" and blind the crap out of everyone. I can also get a dull beam and aim it directly at oncoming cars and not affect them. If you want bright offroad or back country lights, so be it, but put those darn things on a switch.

You can fix looks with surgery, you can fix eyesight with lasers, you can't fix dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
          Same here. I get sick of people thinking i have my hi beams on. It’s a leveled 2017 f150 with factory HID’s. I have not looked into if they can be adjusted. I get the bird shot at me by cars in front of me all the time.
          You get "sick of people thinking your hi beams are on"? LOL. Maybe, just maybe.........your LEVELED F150 front end was RAISED 1.5-2.5 inches and now your low-beams are shining like hi-beams onto oncoming and vehicles right in front of you! If it's happening often enough to make you sick, do something about it.

Sheesh guys, are some of you really that dense?

Comment

Just so we are clear on Transportation Code:
            Sec. 547.305. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF LIGHTS. (a) A motor vehicle lamp or illuminating device, other than a headlamp, spotlamp, auxiliary lamp, turn signal lamp, or emergency vehicle, tow truck, or school bus warning lamp, that projects a beam with an intensity brighter than 300 candlepower shall be directed so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam strikes the roadway at a distance of more than 75 feet from the vehicle.

I realize this one says other than a headlamp and I see nothing else in regards to LEED headlights but I will check my Vehicle Inspectors Handbook when I get a chance and see what it says.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sackett;13866168]You get "sick of people thinking your hi beams are on"? LOL. Maybe, just maybe.........your LEVELED F150 front end was RAISED 1.5-2.5 inches and now your low-beams are shining like hi-beams onto oncoming and vehicles right in front of you! If it's happening often enough to make you sick, do something about it.

Sheesh guys, are some of you really that dense?[/QUOTE

Wow. You solved the mystery! Or maybe it’s the fact that the ones getting blinded are always in a Prius or VW. The first thing we checked was the light level. It’s factory spec. Do you drive a truck with HID headlights?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                So answer my question. LEDs are not designed for projectors. What are they designed for?

The LEDs I bought nearly perfectly mimic the factory beam pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Are the LED's you purchased DOT legal? Because if someone crashes, and claims your headlights blinded them, any attorney worth his weight in salt is going to find out those LED headlights aren't DOT approved. And even if they are, if the factory housing wasn't designed for them, he's still going to have a good case against you.

I was asking about your lights earlier specifically because of this reason. I would not want to run those headlights in my truck A) because of the potential for lawsuit, and B) the heat sync's get incredibly hot, and it's just asking for a truck fire in July.

Comment

[quote=speck1;13866221]
                  Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  You get "sick of people thinking your hi beams are on"? LOL. Maybe, just maybe.........your LEVELED F150 front end was RAISED 1.5-2.5 inches and now your low-beams are shining like hi-beams onto oncoming and vehicles right in front of you! If it's happening often enough to make you sick, do something about it.

Sheesh guys, are some of you really that dense?[/QUOTE

Wow. You solved the mystery! Or maybe it’s the fact that the ones getting blinded are always in a Prius or VW. The first thing we checked was the light level. It’s factory spec. Do you drive a truck with HID headlights?
                  So it's someone else's fault that you changed your headlights, and now they get blinded and in turn, you get flipped off?

Solid logic right there LOL

Comment

Seriously guys? And you wonder why a lot of people stop posting stuff to TBH! This is getting worse than FB (from what I hear). I did another drive by in a smaller car last night and DID have to tweak the lights down some. But now, the top beam is about 6” below the top of the trunk. No more blinding even in a Toyota Corolla. I did learn some stuff here so thanks for that. But you could’ve come across a little different. But, to each their own. This thread was not started to give people something to fight about but if that’s how you like to carry yourself, carry on. And again, my truck is not leveled. I’m out.
                    Last edited by BowOnly81; 12-18-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

This thread is almost as good as poached deer, high fence or college football threads. Carry on

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        Are the LED's you purchased DOT legal? Because if someone crashes, and claims your headlights blinded them, any attorney worth his weight in salt is going to find out those LED headlights aren't DOT approved. And even if they are, if the factory housing wasn't designed for them, he's still going to have a good case against you.

I was asking about your lights earlier specifically because of this reason. I would not want to run those headlights in my truck A) because of the potential for lawsuit, and B) the heat sync's get incredibly hot, and it's just asking for a truck fire in July.

I honestly hadn’t thought whether they were DOT legal or not. Since I don’t get flashed even on 2 lane back roads I’m not going to worry about what might happen there.

I do agree they get hot, not sure if they get hot enough to start a fire. I ran them all summer with no issues and no deformation of the housings or caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          I honestly hadn’t thought whether they were DOT legal or not. Since I don’t get flashed even on 2 lane back roads I’m not going to worry about what might happen there.

I do agree they get hot, not sure if they get hot enough to start a fire. I ran them all summer with no issues and no deformation of the housings or caps.

I got the fix it ticket for non DOT headlights once (They were amber since back home its foggy a lot). Turns out they were only approved in Wisconsin. The cop that stopped me (Texas State Trooper) gave me the lawsuit scenario, which I hadn't thought about.

Comment

There are 95 running lights on a new Ford PU and the factory head light are all ready too bright. I can tell it's a new Ford POS PU coming up from the rear at night from 40 miles away. Looks like some kind of UFO.
                            GREAT!
                            You can see but nobody else can.
                            Fantastic.
                            Last edited by texaspacker; 12-18-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Wow some of you are have no idea what you are talking about.
                              This has NOTHING to do with aiming your headlights. It has nothing to do with how high or low the beam is. It has everything to do with how much the light scatters.
                              There is a ton of information online about this. Your stock housings are designed to work with the halogen bulbs to project the light into a specific pattern which gives you distance. Once you put LEDs in there, the light is too bright and the light reflects differently which gives you the scatter that makes it look brighter. You will in turn lose the distance of your headlights but instead gain great visibility up close, while blinding everybody else on the road with the scatter of the bulbs.
                              Please, before you say “just adjust your headlights”, I suggest you do a little research on the topic.

Comment

LOL......buncha dumarse inbreeds on this site!

Comment

Working...
                                X