Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
    Ya, I said nothing about his stats. He never carried this team through the playoffs or to a SB.

There's 10 other players on the field and 53 people on the roster.. It drives me crazy when people say he or any single player has to carry the team! It's not possible for one man to do anything. When the running game is clicking it makes the QBs job easier, when the line is blocking the QB has time to Pass and when receivers run good crisp routes, etc, etc.

Romo has been great and is far from the problem! Hopefully he recovers, Dak keeps our head above water and develops nicely and we thrive this year! I look forward to see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Romo won't admit it, but not having a SB is a big deal. Not only does he not get the ring, but it will make the difference of him being in the Hall of Fame, right now, he won't make it.
      Bingo. It is a HUGE deal. Right now, I'd say he will never be voted in. However, who says his career is over? Heal and play, then we can continue the debate. If he's actually done playing, he won't get the votes and fades away into old memories.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post

Might look at these stats.

The stats speak for Tony...however, as biased as the media is, which have most of the HOF votes, he wont make it because he doesn't have a SB. Tonys career isn't over yet, but, the way it stands now I don't think the media will let him in.

The most incredible thing in all of this is, he is an "undrafted free agent". The guy is an awesome talent and a lot of people forget about that. He will probably finish his career with Dallas as the best qb in Dallas history and one of the best in NFL history.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
          The stats speak for Tony...however, as biased as the media is, which have most of the HOF votes, he wont make it because he doesn't have a SB. Tonys career isn't over yet, but, the way it stands now I don't think the media will let him in.

The most incredible thing in all of this is, he is an "undrafted free agent". The guy is an awesome talent and a lot of people forget about that. He will probably finish his career with Dallas as the best qb in Dallas history and one of the best in NFL history.

I agree![emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post

Romo is an awesome talent and I'm glad he's been our quarterback for the past 10+ years. He's kept us competitive most years and we've won a ton of games because of him. To me the numbers say he's a hall of fame QB, but I'm not sure that he'll ever get there. I'm not willing to say that he's the best quarterback in Cowboys history either. Physically gifted for sure, but I think he's missing a few intangibles that a couple of others had.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
              There's 10 other players on the field and 53 people on the roster.. It drives me crazy when people say he or any single player has to carry the team! It's not possible for one man to do anything. When the running game is clicking it makes the QBs job easier, when the line is blocking the QB has time to Pass and when receivers run good crisp routes, etc, etc.

Romo has been great and is far from the problem! Hopefully he recovers, Dak keeps our head above water and develops nicely and we thrive this year! I look forward to see what happens

I didn't say it was Romo's fault. I am telling you how people are chosen for MVP or HOF. Tony has said the exact same thing. His stats don't matter because of what has or hasn't happened in the post-season. You can stop making excuses for him.

Comment

I didn't say it was Romo's fault. I am telling you how people are chosen for MVP or HOF. Tony has said the exact same thing. His stats don't matter because of what has or hasn't happened in the post-season. You can stop making excuses for him.
                Here's three examples of when Romo controlled the Cowboys ability to be in the post-season and failed. When voting for HOF, this is what people remember. Fair, no, he is a great QB, but the post-season matters.

January 6, 2007 – Wildcard loss to Seattle
                Romo blotched field-goal hold. Cowboys lose game by 1 point.

January 13, 2008 – Division Round loss to New York
                Romo throws game ending pick. Cowboys lose division.

December 30, 2012 – Division Round Loss to Washington
                Romo throws three interceptions. Cowboys lose division.

Comment

I know you weren't saying that but that's the general consensus when it comes to him! That monkey will be on his back until he wins a Super Bowl. If he doesn't well the monkey lives there forever!!!! [emoji12]

Comment

Here's three examples of when Romo controlled the Cowboys ability to be in the post-season and failed. When voting for HOF, this is what people remember. Fair, no, he is a great QB, but the post-season matters.

I see your point but I don't remember Romo giving up 200 yards and 3 TDs to Morris and 63 yards and a TD to RG3 in that Washington game in 2012. You want to say he will not be a HOFer without a ring, that's fine and fair. But to say he controlled the Cowboys ability to be in the post-season and failed is just crazy when the defense played like hammered dog chit in some of those game too.

Comment

Romo did a lot to carry the team in the past. Why else you think his back is so broke down now.

Comment

You are starting to loose me now!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
                          I see your point but I don't remember Romo giving up 200 yards and 3 TDs to Morris and 63 yards and a TD to RG3 in that Washington game in 2012. You want to say he will not be a HOFer without a ring, that's fine and fair. But to say he controlled the Cowboys ability to be in the post-season and failed is just crazy when the defense played like hammered dog chit in some of those game too.
                          Dallas - Seattle was 21-20
                          Dallas - NY was 21-17
                          Dallas - Washington 28-18

None of those scores tells me the defense failed.

In the Washington game Morris did have 200 yards, but they only passed for 100. 3 interceptions made the difference, not the defense.

Comment

Dallas - Seattle was 21-20
                            Dallas - NY was 21-17
                            Dallas - Washington 28-18

None of those scores tells me the defense failed.

In the Washington game Morris did have 200 yards, but they only passed for 100. 3 interceptions made the difference, not the defense.
                            You give up 263 yards and 4 TD on the ground. You didn't do your job, period. Sure the INTs didn't help any, but it's just not all Romos fault.

Comment

Game Night!

Go Cowboys!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X