No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about to get bad. I would be surprised to see oil in the 40's by February

Comment

20 rigs stacked in West TX in the past week.

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
        1100 people got laid off in North Dakota by a company at the first of the week.
        Which company?

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
          HAL announced 1000 layoffs in the EHO

Let's keep things in perspective here. Halliburton employs 80,000 people. They let 1,000 go. While no contraction is good But in no way would i consider this a major workforce reduction.

In some areas like the Permian rig stacking will let companies who have been operating like a chicken with its head cut off take a deep breath. They can pay attention to cost savings methods and profit maximization versus constant growth and wasted money.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
            Who and what kind of jobs?
            I would have to call my brother and ask as he was in contact with them for some work we have going on. It was apparently a big outfit.

Comment

Word from high up in our circle is Baker is gonna be letting go 20% of field hands. That's all I was told so not sure if that's across the board or a certain sector.

Comment

One of my customers works for a big name company. His job is to lay people off. We had a 4 hour conversation on Friday night about $50.00 a barrel after the first and lay offs he was supposed to do 2 weeks ago but someone had a change of heart because of Christmas. It is going to get worse. Better at pump for the consumer but not the rest of the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                  A small guy. Starboard resources
                  Know you guys very well......sent you a PM.

Comment

Not sure how it is going to play out for where I work. They already started on cutting costs by way of spending. They don't want to lay anyone off and that will be the last ditch effort. I also know that we look like we have a lot of work in front of us as there are several big companies that plan on doing a lot or refracs and that there is talk of gas work picking back up. We are a small company that is a leader in what we do and that is very well funded.

Still watching what is going on and looking at other options just in case. If it starts to crash I will jump ship early so I am not having to compete with everyone else looking for a job.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                      Who and what kind of jobs?
                      It was Whiting. They let go quite a number of different positions all the way down to trick drivers.

Comment

It was Whiting. They let go quite a number of different positions all the way down to trick drivers.
                        Thanks rubydog.

Comment

You have to wonder what the future holds tomorrow after Friday's price drop.

Comment

You have to wonder what the future holds tomorrow after Friday's price drop.

Might get ugly come the first of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
                              Which church? The wife and I have talked about attending but havent found one on the nights we're free.

Parker County Cowboy Church in Aledo. I am going to teach it again in the spring.

Comment

Just heard Sanjel and C&J Services are still hiring... for those that are or might be looking

Comment

Working...
                                X