Chambers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chambers

I have a hunt booked for april 13-15 at Chambers ranch in sabinal Mr. Chambers told me he was putting my group on 3 hundred acres with our own lodge that sleeps 4. Has anyone been to this paticulal place I know he has more places but if anyone has info I would apprecited it. How are the blinds and are there a lot of animals I really would love to arrow a nice axis
    Thanks

Just got back from the Chambers Sabinal ranch.I didn't see any other building other than the bunkhouse.Jyoung has been there several times.He may know more about it.You'll have fun,there's a ton of animals there.

DJ

Comment

"Rancho Creek" as it is called. Went a year ago.
      At that time he had about 7 Axis bucks on the place, only one was hard horned in April. If you have a tripod or pop-up you'll need it. They have 3 tripods that I saw and 2 were homemade maybe 8' at the seat.
      It took 3 days but I learned that the Axis will come in close to the bunkhouse in the mornings. Checkout a position about 100 yards NW of the bunkhouse and you may get lucky.
      Hogs? OK and pretty spooky.
      Wade lives there, just make sure he keeps you in a good spot. Only half of the place has cover so you'll be eyeballed every time you leave the bunkhouse. Good luck.

Comment

I'm supposed to be at the same ranch the same weekend, looking forward to the trip though.

Chad

Comment

results

we are going to be at the sabinal place may 4,5, and6th please post up when you return with your results and ratings this is going to be our first time at chambers and we really don't know what to expect. myself and one other are going to strictly try to stick a axis buck the other 2 are a little more open about the animals they want to shoot.

Comment

This is not the same place as the main ranch. I have never been here and really haven't heard much about it. I know the main ranch is a blast, but can't help you on this place. I think his son in law runs it or something.
            Jeff Young

Comment

Working...
            X