No announcement yet.

Thompson Temple lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hunted their two weekends ago and very disappointed. Stand #1 area is all grown up. We saw NO rams in two days of hunting from the overlook. I only say three RAMBO's on stand #2. No one saw any rams on top of the mountain. All rams taken over the weekend were within the high dollar pasture. There were multiple groups with in the HDP either with bows or rifles (no very smart or safety concious)..

Comment

I was there last weekend and saw many animals both in the high pasture and low. Just like every ranch in Texas, animals aren't hitting feeders hard due to all the green. Thompson offers both an easier and harder type of hunt. I would also suggest talking to Thomspon prior to going and letting him know what the group is interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
        I was there last weekend and saw many animals both in the high pasture and low. Just like every ranch in Texas, animals aren't hitting feeders hard due to all the green. Thompson offers both an easier and harder type of hunt. I would also suggest talking to Thomspon prior to going and letting him know what the group is interested in.

Well said

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post

Thompson stocks every two weeks. You were there the week he stocked. Rossn2 and I were there the week before. Should have been more animals last weekend

Comment

I just started shooting a bow about a year ago and have not drawn blood with it. Would this be a good place to go for a first bow hunt to get the gitters out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P View Post
              I just started shooting a bow about a year ago and have not drawn blood with it. Would this be a good place to go for a first bow hunt to get the gitters out.
              I would say so. I made my first bow kill at this ranch and went back multiple times since

Comment

I can't believe the monitors are letting Huggybear continue this rudeness. Delete his A--. We don't need people like him on this sight. Keep your mouth shut and get along.

Comment

Terrible place run by a great guy imo. It's like shooting at dang pets. Been once and it was sickening watching guys run around and shoot rams from 10 yards with big rifles and the other rams wouldn't even run. The guy that just killed the first ram would duck so the guy up on the hill could get a shot at another. The rams bodies were thrown over a cliff near camp that you could smell while trying to relax. Raccoons coming through the floor of the trailer house while trying to sleep. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat70 View Post
                    I can't believe the monitors are letting Huggybear continue this rudeness. Delete his A--. We don't need people like him on this sight. Keep your mouth shut and get along.
                    The guy asked about the place and I gave him my opinion. Do you think the guy with the spear is super sneaky and can sneak up to wild animals with a spear???? Use your head and less of your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                      Terrible place run by a great guy imo. It's like shooting at dang pets. Been once and it was sickening watching guys run around and shoot rams from 10 yards with big rifles and the other rams wouldn't even run. The guy that just killed the first ram would duck so the guy up on the hill could get a shot at another. The rams bodies were thrown over a cliff near camp that you could smell while trying to relax. Raccoons coming through the floor of the trailer house while trying to sleep. No thanks.
                      Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                        The guy asked about the place and I gave him my opinion. Do you think the guy with the spear is super sneaky and can sneak up to wild animals with a spear???? Use your head and less of your mouth.

I am. And I have.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

100 percent wild

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post

100 percent wild

Final Pursuit TV
                            I've caught several baby pigs myself! No need for the spear.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                              I've caught several baby pigs myself! No need for the spear.

Well clearly you are way more awesome than any of us. I bow to you ol great one.

Final Pursuit TV

Comment

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
                                Well clearly you are way more awesome than any of us. I bow to you ol great one.

Final Pursuit TV
                                No, just you. If you want to think killing pet goats is a sport then have at it. I gave my opinion and you have yours. Be honest with yourself first and foremost. I guess that's too much to ask though.

Comment

Working...
                                X