Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hunted or will be hunting Bastrop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be doing standby tomorrow. Good luck to all.

Comment

Good luck with stand by

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chaps812 View Post
        I did not kill, but did see many animals deer and Aoudads.
        I had surgery last August on my back, having to learn how to do many things again. Could not draw a bow till now.
        I have been trying to use a crossbow this year. I have never had to deal with string jumping in 40 years of hunting till now. I did not believe a crossbow was so load. The deer I shot at and the Aoudads acted like they were in the "Matrix", just side stepped my shots. I really couldn't believe what I saw.
        Next year I'll be using a bow.
        I like the crossbows I have, but I cannot quiet them enough, even using 300 grain broadheads, which helped more than the silencer systems.

Have any of y'all had string jumping issues?
        I know this is an old post but dude there are no Aoudad there, you must be referring to a different state park...

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
          I will be doing standby tomorrow. Good luck to all.
          Did they take standys, I heard they maybe weren't because it was too wet, they were going to have a hard time finding spots in the designated compartments for the hunters show.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            Did they take standys, I heard they maybe weren't because it was too wet, they were going to have a hard time finding spots in the designated compartments for the hunters show.
            You are right. No standbys. I just found out.

Back to work.

Comment

That sucks, too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X