• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news sqiggy?

Comment

in

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        It's 1500 ft. of line. Not a lot of grass along the road and once I pull out of the driveway, I don't pay any attention. Another thing, back last summer or fall, can't remember, my neighbor that just bought the place next to me, which my water line runs along his place, busted my water line while working on our road. By the time I got home, he already had it fixed and covered up. So this makes me wonder, although I haven't noticed anything dug on his place. Right now, still waiting for the meter to start rolling where I can use the sniffer. I've only gone thru 7 gallons since 11:45, little over 2 hrs ago. Yesterday from 12 to 3, went thru 74 gallons. By 5, 144 gallons, then the meter stopped rolling after that.
        Go figure!!!
        I'd dig up where he fixed it. Maybe he just got around to installing a sprinkler system is why your barely seeing a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
          I'd dig up where he fixed it. Maybe he just got around to installing a sprinkler system is why your barely seeing a leak.
          You might be surprised to see a big tee in the line right there. Your neighbor accidentally digging up your line might not have been so accidental.
          If so somebody is in big big trouble. Call the law if you find such a thing.

Comment

The intermitant use says that it is not a leak. Your neighbor has tapped into your water line. Leaks don't start and stop. The neighbor's water use will.

Comment

IN for the results

Comment

I'm in agreement with you on someone tapping your line, hope you find it soon.

Comment

In to see how this turns out. My money is on the neighbor.

Comment

Possibly some type of coupler that will build up pressure and dump water then stop until pressure builds up again? This would explain the slow usage until the dump. (faulty pressure releif valve)? As far as not seeing surface water it could be running down the bore and surfacing a good ways away.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                      Possibly some type of coupler that will build up pressure and dump water then stop until pressure builds up again? This would explain the slow usage until the dump. (faulty pressure releif valve)? As far as not seeing surface water it could be running down the bore and surfacing a good ways away.
                      Could be hooked to a water trough also, livestock can drink it down pretty quick.

Comment

In

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                          The plot thickens....

But I'm guessing that it's your water that's being used to water the plot.

Comment

Yeppers.

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            You might be surprised to see a big tee in the line right there. Your neighbor accidentally digging up your line might not have been so accidental.
                            If so somebody is in big big trouble. Call the law if you find such a thing.
                            Yes sir let Johnny Law figure it out. I'm saying this only because you might possibly get it all figured out for FREE! No harm no foul?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                              Do yalls water lines run beside each other? Maybe he could have screwed up thinking he was tapping into his and got yours.
                              No. His line is on his side of the fence. Mine runs between the road and his fence.

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
                              Not sure what a water leak "sniffer" is. We use a device similar to a Dr.'s stethoscope to listen for leaks. We usually shut off the water and pump air into the system. Air leaking makes more noise than water.

If you know the route of the water line walk along and push a probing rod into the ground at various intervals and see if you get any mud on the end. You can take a piece of #3 rebar and file a blunt point on the end and then bend a handle on the other to push with.
                              The "sniffer" I got at work can detect boiler tube leaks. Before I went and picked it up, meter was rolling. By the time I got back, it stopped. Hardly moved from 11:45 till around 5:30. Only used 11 gallons in that time frame. Then when I checked it at 6:30/7:00, it was rolling again. Walked my line twice using the sniffer and didn't detect anything. I also took a rebar rod 2 days ago and punched holes along the line trying to locate a "wet spot". Nothing!!

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Any news sqiggy?
                              Talked to the water company this morning. They are no help. I did find out they do not have a check valve on the meter. What I am going to do now is dig up a spot and put in a shut off valve. If that stops the meter from rolling, I will move a few hundred feet and put in another one till I can isolate it. Once I isolate it, I will put in a new line between those 2 spots. Only problem is, I go back on shift in the morning, so I may have to go another week before I can figure this all out. Still don't believe it's a leak. With the amount of water my meter says I have went thru, and given the depth my line is in, there should be sign of that leak by now. I'm starting to lean toward a faulty meter. I'm hoping I can find out with the first shut off valve I put in.

Comment

Nope. That wont work, we cannot go a week with all this suspense lol. You have any vacation time available?

Comment

Working...
                                X